PDA

View Full Version : Short weekend trip to the Henry Mountains-July 2009

bh4rnnr
02-19-2009, 06:50 PM
Official dates: July 2nd-5th.

Meeting point: Hanksville on the morning of the 2nd. Hollow Mountain Gas Station.

Terrain: easy to moderate. One river crossing that hopefully wont be that deep. For the rest of the weekend, plan on long remote travel. All managable with a stock 4x4 and a good driver.

What to bring: Food for an extended stay, lots of gas (plan for the worst) and any gear to help make camping life enjoyable.

CB channel: 4, Ham (if you have it): 146.460.

Routes: No plans yet, other than finish completing the Route through Giles and the Fremont River.

Camp: Nasty Flats, west side of Bull Creek Pass. Look for the big aspen filled campground.

:beer::beer:

MDH33
02-21-2009, 08:27 AM
Hey Perry, I posted up on EU also. Might be down with this depending on job and $. What are your thoughts on stretching it out a few more days and hitting HITR trail also? might be hot in summer, but that's what :beer: is for. :)

bh4rnnr
02-21-2009, 03:23 PM
Hey Perry, I posted up on EU also. Might be down with this depending on job and $. What are your thoughts on stretching it out a few more days and hitting HITR trail also? might be hot in summer, but that's what :beer: is for. :)

Martin, I probably wont be able to swing more than one extra day for this trip, as much as i'd love to do Hole in the Rock. I'm sure you could get some interest from others though...

bh4rnnr
03-11-2009, 08:59 PM
Ok, dates for this trip will be July 2nd through the 5th. Plan on meeting in Hanksville at the Hollow Mountain Gas station in the am. We will head into the Henrys from there.

What better way to celebrate the 4th than to spend it in the last mountain range to be put on a map of the USA!

Hulk
03-12-2009, 12:07 AM
Martin, I probably wont be able to swing more than one extra day for this trip, as much as i'd love to do Hole in the Rock. I'm sure you could get some interest from others though...

There is a plan in very tentative stages for Rising Sun to do a run with Wasatch to HITR later this year. So if you don't make it on this run, you may have another chance. :)

MDH33
03-12-2009, 08:02 AM
There is a plan in very tentative stages for Rising Sun to do a run with Wasatch to HITR later this year. So if you don't make it on this run, you may have another chance. :)

Very cool, I'll be watching for updates. :beer:

jacdaw
03-12-2009, 09:42 AM
What's this trail like? I'm not locked and won't be this year. The extent of my wheeling since moving to CO is the road from Caribou to Eldora. I was a little long behind the rear axle for the switchbacks on the cliff portion.

bh4rnnr
03-17-2009, 05:01 PM
What's this trail like? I'm not locked and won't be this year. The extent of my wheeling since moving to CO is the road from Caribou to Eldora. I was a little long behind the rear axle for the switchbacks on the cliff portion.

Most of the trails within the Henry Mountains are doable for a stock rig and exp driver (more for the remote factor). I guess it would depend on the condition of the Fremont at the time of our crossing as well:rolleyes::eek:....

There should be plenty of open seats if you just want to tag along and not drive that day.

bh4rnnr
03-17-2009, 05:03 PM

Huh, and here I thought your were posting up that you wanted to come out and do some wheeling in Utah other than Moab:hill::brick::flop:

Hulk
05-13-2009, 11:58 AM
Bump. So is this run by invitation only, or are you looking for some Rising Sun guys to join you?

wesintl
05-13-2009, 12:16 PM
I'm planning the first weekend in July for this trip. Currently, it's looking to be a Friday through Sunday trip but I hope to add at least another day to it....

I can never tell if his dates are set in stone. :hill:
:beer:

bh4rnnr
05-13-2009, 04:38 PM
Bump. So is this run by invitation only, or are you looking for some Rising Sun guys to join you?

Anyone is welcome!

And just for you Wes the dates are set in stone. It'll be July2nd through the 5th. Meeting sometime that morning in Hanksville.

Hopefully6 some of you can make it:beer:

bh4rnnr
05-14-2009, 07:11 PM
I can never tell if his dates are set in stone. :hill:
:beer:

See post number one:cool:

bh4rnnr
06-03-2009, 07:00 AM
Only a month away!:cool:

bh4rnnr
06-23-2009, 08:00 AM
Wow, already next week:eek: . Should I plan on anybody coming out or is this going to be a solo trip for me? (not that I would complain about that)

bh4rnnr
06-30-2009, 07:22 PM
One last bump. Looks like Martin is out as he has to "work":rolleyes:.

I'm ready to escape this heat:hill:

rover67
06-30-2009, 08:38 PM
wish i could go but we have Allison's family in town this week..