PDA

View Full Version : Another welding help thread.

Azrael
02-20-2009, 03:34 PM
Alright, so here's the deal. I have some diamond plate quarter panels that I picked up awhile ago, but haven't gotten around to installing. They also need to be cut for fuel door and lights.

I don't have the knowledge or tools to get this done myself. Since I'm moving soon, I'd like to get it done beforehand.

If anyone has some time and is willing to help me with these, It'd be greatly appreciated. Let me know. I don't have an exact timeframe for when I'm leaving, but as soon as a lease is signed on my house, it could be only days.

Beater
02-20-2009, 04:19 PM
aluminium or steel

Azrael
02-20-2009, 04:37 PM
Steel

Beater
02-20-2009, 04:43 PM
we have strept here at the my house.... so you probably don't want me to do it

RockRunner
02-20-2009, 06:43 PM
Are you welding the diamond plate one? I would bolt or srew it myself but...........Just curious. Are these shaped to the rear of your rig or just flat pieces?

Azrael
02-20-2009, 07:01 PM
That was the plan. The person I got them from (someone here, though I forget who) said he was going to weld them, so I was just kinda rolling with that. I figured that would be a bit stronger for the weight of the steel.

Bolting them would definitely be an easier task, though I could still use a hand to line things up and cut everything, drilling, etc.

RockRunner
02-20-2009, 07:28 PM
Where do you live? I may have some time coming up here. You did say you were in a rush so I am not sure I am your man. What is the reason for getting it done before your move? Just curious.

Azrael
02-20-2009, 08:05 PM
I live near Federal & Evans, but I can go to anyone else if needed.

The reason I want to get it done now is that I'll be crashing at a friend's place until I find a place to live. I'm trying to minimize everything I'm bringing with me so I don't need to pay the outrageous rates on storage out there.