PDA

View Full Version : pickup people

nuclearlemon
03-04-2006, 05:29 PM
no, not how to....

how the heck do you pickup people work on your truck :eek:

a simple swap tranny/xfer has turned into strip damn near half the motor!

after pulling the air cleaner assy so i could get the starter pulled, ripping the rubber fender flaps so i could get to the slave cylinder and top bellhousing bolts, and disassembling half the vehicle, the trans/xfer is finally out of the pickup.

on the good side, rear main is good and clutch has been replaced fairly recently (unless toyota put luk's in, which i doubt)

it is officially ready for the junkyard trans/xfer to be stabbed. i'll attempt that tomorrow...hopefully, it will go in a heck of a lot better than it came out ...HA! i can only hope. at least the trannys fairly light, so hopefully i can "man"handle it in.

Seldom Seen
03-05-2006, 05:51 PM
how the heck do you pickup people work on your truck !:eek:

Well 1st ya gotta know the secret handshake and then we'll tell ya
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

nuclearlemon
03-05-2006, 10:03 PM
well, went back in much better than it came out. i did end up getting the wrong setup from teh junkyard, so the transfer shift comes out about three inches too far back. not a problem since plan on bucket seats eventually, or so i thought...the transfer is currently in four wheel drive and judging by today's beat the crap out of it test drive, four wheel low. guess i'm cutting the floor a little soon than expected :rolleyes:

Hulk
03-06-2006, 11:29 AM
When/why did you get a pickup?

Rzeppa
03-06-2006, 03:12 PM
how the heck do you pickup people work on your truck :eek: No Kidding! After working on my daughters 85 runner I have come to appreciate 40 series Land Cruisers all the more!

nuclearlemon
03-06-2006, 03:26 PM
When/why did you get a pickup?
bout a month ago...87 4x4 for dirt cheap and it's fairly clean