PDA

View Full Version : New Guy-

sgtpeper
02-23-2009, 09:31 PM
Hey all,

Well I'm new here so thought I should introduce myself.

I'm Jeff. Many of you may have called on my Boss's '80 Fj40 I sold a bit cheap a few days ago to another member haha.

Well now my boss wants me to pick up an FJ60 for a daily driven work truck so I'm starting that search.

Looked at a fantastic '87 tonight and as I was about to spit out my offer, the owner told me I shouldnt buy his truck and that it wasnt for sale any more and that I should get off his f-in driveway. Needless to say I've never had that happen when I looked at a used car!

Looking to find a good solid truck, and looking to learn more about them while having some fun. Currently I have an '08 STI and an '84 Alfa Romeo Spider. I'm into autocross and road racing, and overall just tinkering with fun motorized toys hehe.

Thanks,
Jeff

timmbuck2
02-24-2009, 03:14 PM
Yup, our good friend Motoloco snagged your FJ40. Watch for it on ebay soon. :rolleyes: (Oh, and he is not a Rising Sun Member)

Ok, you HAVE to tell us more about this encounter with the guy who told you to get out of his f'n driveway!! :D

T

Hey all,

Well I'm new here so thought I should introduce myself.

I'm Jeff. Many of you may have called on my Boss's '80 Fj40 I sold a bit cheap a few days ago to another member haha.

Well now my boss wants me to pick up an FJ60 for a daily driven work truck so I'm starting that search.

Looked at a fantastic '87 tonight and as I was about to spit out my offer, the owner told me I shouldnt buy his truck and that it wasnt for sale any more and that I should get off his f-in driveway. Needless to say I've never had that happen when I looked at a used car!

Looking to find a good solid truck, and looking to learn more about them while having some fun. Currently I have an '08 STI and an '84 Alfa Romeo Spider. I'm into autocross and road racing, and overall just tinkering with fun motorized toys hehe.

Thanks,
Jeff

sgtpeper
02-24-2009, 05:25 PM
Haha the experience with the guy was pretty funny. I guess he is very emotionally attached to the truck. I had cash in hand and he wouldnt take it. I just talked to his son who is going to try to talk some sense into the guy for me....

It was very strange though, one second we were laughing and talking, the next for literally no reason, he snapped and was telling me to get off the driveway haha.