PDA

View Full Version : 80 Series Center console cupholder

Groucho
02-25-2009, 04:17 PM
I have been working on getting these out for about a month. They have been field tested and are ready to be produced. Field testing has been by none other than Nakman. They have a 3/8" hole up front to either put in a switch (tight clearance) or pull out wires for the iPod connector (like Nakman), as well as having a rectangle cutout for the coin holder in case you need one, or a CDL switch or whatever. Nakman bought some LED's and added them inside for a cool look.

These will come either in brown (as shown) or gray (close match to the gray interior). They will come with 2 #8-32 thread forming screws with 1/4" hex heads to attach to the center console AND two pieces of 1/8" thick by 1 1/2" double sided tape. The last item that is added for convenience is a piece of edging for the hole edges that will prevent aluminum cans from clinking around inside the holder.

The double sided tape is applied regardless if it is used to attach the unit to the center console. The choice of either using the two thread forming screws and/or using the double sided tape to attach the part is available.

These are made from 18 Gauge steel and powdercoated for long life and cleanability. They fit a grande starbucks cup perfectly, as well as many gas station cups, Sonic cups, soda cans, 20 oz soda bottles etc. The hole size is 3" in diameter.

They will fit 93-97 FZJ80's. I will check to ensure that they will fit 91 and 92 FJ80's as well. Sorry LX guys, a version for the side of the tranny hump (in front of the passenger's (US) left knee) will be avalable asap as well. Same price, still undergoing field testing...Stay tuned!

Cost will be $20 per piece. Comes with the screws, edging and double-sided tape. Shipping is not included.

PM me with any questions.
12051 12052
12048 12049

nakman
02-25-2009, 04:27 PM
Haven't spilled my coffee yet! or misplaced my chapstick in the dark, for that matter.. :eek:

Great product, Nathaniel! beats the heck out of a tiny little pink panty sub woofer, that's for sure. :bolt:

treerootCO
02-25-2009, 04:30 PM
Excellent product! I use mine more than I thought. It is great to have an actual cup holder now. Thank you Nathaniel :thumb:

Convert
02-25-2009, 04:33 PM
Nathaniel
Put me down for 1 gray one
Thanks Dan

nakman
02-25-2009, 04:36 PM
ps- I also cut up one of those thin foam koozies (the kind you can stick in your pocket?) and created a brand new insert for the bottom of the square, since I've actually never had the factory carpet. So not only did that dampen some of the aluminum vibrations, it will also absorb anything that might spill down in there.. then I'll just replace as necessary.

Romer
02-25-2009, 04:36 PM
Haven't spilled my coffee yet! or misplaced my chapstick in the dark, for that matter.. :eek:

Great product, Nathaniel! beats the heck out of a tiny little pink panty sub woofer, that's for sure. :bolt:

I dont use the sub woofer now that I have a different Radio.

I'll take two tan. I need to see if it will work in the sub hole or I will have to swap the console. Been thinking about that anyways. I want the two tan no matter what I figure out with the existing console

Groucho
02-26-2009, 08:37 AM
Nathaniel
Put me down for 1 gray one
Thanks Dan

I dont use the sub woofer now that I have Nathaniel's old Radio.

I'll take two tan. I need to see if it will work in the sub hole or I will have to swap the console. Been thinking about that anyways. I want the two tan no matter what I figure out with the existing console

Got it and got it and fixed it for ya :lmao:. I will try and have these for the RS guys by the March meeting. Non-local Mudders gets theirs second, just a perk of being a RS member!:thumb:

Hulk
02-26-2009, 09:20 AM
I'll take a tan one as well. :)

Uncle Ben
02-26-2009, 10:54 AM
I'll take a tan one as well. :)

How in the world could you lose the "crap" holder? I enjoy digging down to the bottom every couple months to find things I thought were lost. It's like getting new stuff all over again! :rolleyes: :flamingo:

nakman
02-26-2009, 11:08 AM
How in the world could you lose the "crap" holder? I enjoy digging down to the bottom every couple months to find things I thought were lost. It's like getting new stuff all over again! :rolleyes: :flamingo:

Well I have found, that in the absence of a coffee cup the area still holds crap quite nicely. :D

Hulk
02-26-2009, 12:13 PM
He had me at the words "holds a Sonic cup." :D

nakman
02-27-2009, 08:25 PM
I dont use the sub woofer now that I have a different Radio.

Here you go Ken http://forum.ih8mud.com/sale-parts/270255-80-series-center-console.html

Romer
02-27-2009, 08:30 PM
Here you go Ken http://forum.ih8mud.com/sale-parts/270255-80-series-center-console.html

Thanks Tim but its the wrong color

nakman
02-27-2009, 09:08 PM
Thanks Tim but its the wrong color

How do you think these cup holders Nathaniel's making become brown? talk about exact color match.. do your new console mic holders while you're at it. ;)

wesintl
02-27-2009, 09:23 PM
I guess the wife wants a brown one.

Rock Dog
03-15-2009, 10:53 PM
I will take a Brown one if they are still available.
I saw one at Treeroots today, and think it is awsome!!

Groucho
03-27-2009, 10:20 AM
R&D on the transmission hump is done and they are ready to go!! They also come in two colors to match the interior, grey and tan.

I have as those who want the center one (which will be delivered to the April Meeting!!)

Convert 1 grey center
Romer 2 tan center
Hulk 1 tan center
Wes 1 tan center
Rock Dog 1 tan center

The better half really likes these so far. They stay out of her way (knees) and can be removed and placed in the glove compartment if necessary when not in use. Plus they slide the entire length of the rib on the hump, allowing for multiples being used at the same time, or adjusted positioning for comfort.

Cost is $20 per piece. Shipping not included. Go here (http://www.tallowpot.com/products.html) to purchase with shipping included.

Oh, and just for Hulk:

jacdaw
03-27-2009, 11:54 AM
Is the cherry limeade included? ;):lmao::lmao::lmao:

Good looking pieces, btw. Almost makes me want an 80.

Groucho
03-29-2009, 09:03 PM
Per request, I'll be bringing these to the meeting wed nite. Anyone who asked for some already, yours will be there....

I will also have a couple extra for those who start to drool over treeroots...