PDA

View Full Version : Jobs?

Enigma303
03-01-2009, 03:53 PM
So due to a ****ing drunk driver my fzj is totaled(I will post a few pics), and Autozone has now laid me off. If you have any basic labor or customer service jobs, temp or perm. please let me know. I'm a Toyota tech in training and a parts counter person, also I have a strong background in audio engineering and animals(dogs) kennels. If you have any work let me know, I can send a copy of my resume and/or references, Thanks. Thor 7/ 289 6164

Ron Helmuth
03-18-2009, 03:13 PM
sorry to hear about this. You may want to post up in General Chit Chat.

You may want to watch craigslist jobs section "TV/Film/Video" as they generally need audio help

Enigma303
03-18-2009, 03:17 PM
sorry to hear about this. You may want to post up in General Chit Chat.

You may want to watch craigslist jobs section "TV/Film/Video" as they generally need audio help

Thanks for the heads up. Luckily I have found work already!

Ron Helmuth
03-18-2009, 03:21 PM
excellent-outstanding

Red_Chili
03-18-2009, 03:39 PM
Very nice to hear! Congratulations! Like the job? Same or better than before?

Enigma303
03-19-2009, 12:28 PM
Very nice to hear! Congratulations! Like the job? Same or better than before?

Yes I do like it, it's about the same as AutoZone with better pay!

nakman
03-19-2009, 03:37 PM
Not sure if anyone here is cut out for a call center, but Dish Network is hiring..

Thursday, March 19, 2009, 2:57pm MDT | Modified: Thursday, March 19, 2009, 3:11pm
Dish Network to hire 250 in Denver areaDenver Business Journal - by Greg Avery

Satellite broadcaster Dish Network Corp. is hiring as many as 250 people for jobs in the Denver metro area that are meant to bolster the companyís sales and customers service.

The Englewood-based company (NASDAQ: DISH) is adding at least 100 sales representatives to take incoming calls at its Littleton call center off Sante Fe and Bowles, the company said. And itís also adding about 150 customer service representatives at the Littleton center and another call center Dish Network runs in Thornton.

Dish Network is adding jobs in the midst of a recession as part of a renewed push on customer care, said Stephen Wood, executive vice president of human resources at Dish Network.

ďAny company that thinks it canít get better at customer service today is crazy,Ē he said.

Dish Network founder and CEO Charlie Ergen recently cited lackluster customer service as a major reason Dish Network lost 102,000 subscribers in 2008, the first time it hadnít reported year-over-year growth.

The company has 13.7 million subscribers nationwide, making it the second-largest domestic satellite TV company behind its rival, DirecTV.

Dish Network employs about 26,000 people nationwide.

It continues to hire people to fill openings at its 1,700-employee headquarters in addition to the new jobs itís creating at its local call centers, Wood said.

The company has focused on keeping itself lean so it can offer low subscription rates, but that philosophy also makes it able to invest in growth at a time other companies are cutting back, he said.

Dish Network has maintained its employee profit-sharing program, 401(k) matches, merit pay increases and held employee health care premiums flat for five straight years, Wood said.

ďItís because we run a very efficient operation that we have the flexibility to do these things today,Ē he said.

The company hopes to recruit a largely bilingual work force to fill its new call center jobs so Dish Network can better serve its large and growing Spanish-speaking subscribership, Wood said.

Dish Network intends fills its new jobs in the next couple months. It will use its career website, www.dishnetworkjobs.com, to take applications and screen job seekers prior to calling candidates in for interviews.