PDA

View Full Version : roundup

nuclearlemon
03-04-2009, 05:11 PM
besides gary and i, is anyone else going? sounds like redline's gonna make it and daryl and dave surface are supposed to be going. i'm in panic mode with only two weekends to work on the rig before i have to head out.

waggoner5
03-04-2009, 07:22 PM
I've got tons of work to do also. Its going to be close for sure.

nuclearlemon
03-04-2009, 08:44 PM
yeah, but your work is to make your rig more cool...mine work's to make it handle the trip down there and back;)

check fluids, make sure the rear frame section i welded on isn't falling off, figure out why my a/t p light is on and make it go away, adjust parking brakes, get invertor wired up, fix speaker, fix broken front sway bar, fix bent rear sway bar bracket, figure out what all the hideous noises are underneath.....

zornff
03-04-2009, 09:49 PM
We were going to go, but my build is going too slow to make it. Sooo.. my wonderful :Princess: decided to take me to Frontsight for my b-day instead. I know its not wheeling, but i am SO pumped to go. Have fun, Mike.

nuclearlemon
03-04-2009, 10:57 PM
Frontsight .

?

yeah don't know what it is, but still can't be as good as a good cruiser event;)

zornff
03-04-2009, 11:13 PM
Here ya go Ige. Check it out. Going for the 4 day defensive hand gun and concealed carry. :cool:

https://www.frontsight.com/free-gun.asp

Mendocino
03-04-2009, 11:45 PM
Have fun! Don't let Piazza sell you a membership---run away if that comes up!!!:eek:

Here ya go Ige. Check it out. Going for the 4 day defensive hand gun and concealed carry. :cool:

Uncle Ben
03-05-2009, 08:25 AM

Very :cool:

waggoner5
03-05-2009, 09:12 AM
yeah, but your work is to make your rig more cool...mine work's to make it handle the trip down there and back;)

check fluids, make sure the rear frame section i welded on isn't falling off, figure out why my a/t p light is on and make it go away, adjust parking brakes, get invertor wired up, fix speaker, fix broken front sway bar, fix bent rear sway bar bracket, figure out what all the hideous noises are underneath.....

I have no fan, no 4WD and several other issues that might make a Katemcy run somewhat difficult, but I am going to make it even if I ride with you:)

nuclearlemon
03-05-2009, 01:20 PM
I have no fan, no 4WD and several other issues that might make a Katemcy run somewhat difficult, but I am going to make it even if I ride with you:)

heck, i'm driving down...my butt may be so sick of the seat that i may make you drive;)

Rzeppa
03-05-2009, 10:24 PM
...fix speaker...figure out what all the hideous noises are underneath.....

Anyone see the connection here? :lmao:

Man Jerk
03-09-2009, 04:00 PM
Looks like Katemcy is closing for good in July. This will probably be the last chance to wheel there.

copy from pirate
KATEMCY ROCKS CLOSES
All good things must come to an end. So it goes with Katemcy Rocks. We learned last week
that we are losing our lease effective June 30, 2009. The trust department that has handled
Jack Hays estate notified us that the property was not going to be leased to us again. The son
who inherited the property has decided he wishes to use the property exclusively for his
family, as is his right. They may eventually build a home on the property.
All the scheduled events we have listed before July will be held as planned. Events scheduled
after July will be moved up if time and logistics work out. We will be posting them up on our
website as things come together.
We are actively working on other possible land opportunities, but these are distant chances.
Consequently, if you want to wheel at Katemcy before its closed, you need to do so on or
before June 13-14, 2009. We currently have four more events scheduled before the end:
1. March 19-22Lone Star Landcruiser's Round up (closed event)
2. April 24-26 Lone Star Early Bronco's Roundup (closed event)
3. May 2-3 Baertrax's & Trail Duty's Customer Appreciation runs (open event)
4. May 23-25 Memorial Day Weekend Blowout (our last one - open event)
5. June 13-14 Texas 4x4.org's “Summer Run V” (open event)
If there is enough interest, we may cancel our Moab Easter Jeep Safari trip and schedule one
more open event on April 4-5. As it stands, Texas 4x4.org's “Summer Run V” will be our
last event at Katemcy Rocks.
It has been an honor and privilege to wheel this property for 8 years. We have meet so many
friends through the years and hope to see all of you back here at the Rocks before we close.
Happy Trails,
Randy, Shain, Pam, Casey, Jessica, Juanita, Jerry and Elaine

Hulk
03-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Wow, that's awful. :(

Man Jerk
03-09-2009, 04:42 PM
At least it is a families decision to use their land for themselves, and not someone closing public land. That we can be thankful for I guess. I did always want to go there.

nuclearlemon
03-09-2009, 05:36 PM
At least it is a families decision to use their land for themselves, and not someone closing public land. That we can be thankful for I guess. I did always want to go there.

can't close public land in texas...there is no public land to wheel on:(

Rzeppa
03-10-2009, 06:15 PM
Tom Pennington from Lone Star Land Cruisers visited yesterday and we stayed up past 3AM chatting about a whole bunch of stuff. During our discussion I learned the back story of Katemcy closing.

isotel
03-12-2009, 04:08 PM
Justin and ben will be there, but not me :(

and i just read the Thread on Pirate :(

i was just at HOTH so i cant complain!

nuclearlemon
03-17-2009, 08:46 PM
five hours and counting before i hit the road. rig is loaded, just got a couple little things to do, then going to try to catch a couple hours nap and head out before god gets up.

i'll get lots of pics...sorry, no wifi thingy for my laptop, so won't be able to post til i get back.:(

Convert
03-17-2009, 08:54 PM
Have fun Ige :thumb::thumb::beer::beer:

Romer
03-17-2009, 09:09 PM
wait . . . Ige got a laptop?

Crash
03-17-2009, 09:40 PM
Have a safe journey and bring back lots of stories about the last roundup.

Uncle Ben
03-18-2009, 08:18 AM
Have fun Ige......wait....Ige is representing RS in Texas? :eek: Perfect!!!!! ;) :lmao: :bowdown::bowdown::Princess:

Rzeppa
03-18-2009, 09:03 PM
I spoke with Butch and Josh last night as they rolled into Katemcy, also spoke with Jason Harsch (LCLC President) and with Justin Ward. I wish I could have attended this last Ketemcey Roundup, and wished them well.

Special message to Ige: I emphasized that the TLCA booth is to be a RECRUITMENT booth, and not just hand out free issues of Trails to whoever wanders by. You've seen how we handle the recruitment booth at our Rallys, I tried to convey to Butch and Jason the enthusiasm we present at our booths, but if you could do some training and encouragement (making fun of me is encouraged) for those who man the booth TLCA would appreciate it very much.

Happy cruisin'!

nuclearlemon
03-22-2009, 09:29 PM
would've been able to convey that if i'd gotten the message before i left ;)

my a$$ is sore, my throats is horse and it was soooooo worth it!!!!

Uncle Ben
03-23-2009, 08:36 AM
would've been able to convey that if i'd gotten the message before i left ;)

my a$$ is sore, my throats is horse and it was soooooo worth it!!!!

Whats wrong with the Crackberry? :rolleyes: ;)

nuclearlemon
03-23-2009, 08:45 AM
them dang 80s are not as comfortable as everyone says

bh4rnnr
03-23-2009, 09:01 AM
Umm, pics:confused:

:beer::beer:

Uncle Ben
03-23-2009, 09:13 AM
them dang 80s are not as comfortable as everyone says

Should have drove the 40! :bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl::tongue2::zilla::bowdown::kevin:

nuclearlemon
03-23-2009, 05:34 PM
Umm, pics:confused:

:beer::beer:

yeah....too busy drinking:rolleyes:

forgot my camera on day one, of course when i had a great chance to get pics of bk's innaugural roll. day two, i took one of butch's little pills to knock my ass out for the day so i could catch up on some really needed sleep, day three i got a few pics, but not many and not much impressive. i've gone through the video i shot at night, but i may have been a tad inebriated because my videos are all over the place:rolleyes: