PDA

View Full Version : 1997 FZJ Toyota Landcruiser (locked)

Nemo
03-04-2009, 06:39 PM
You are looking at one used Landcruiser with beautiful qualities. She has taken me all over the Western United States. Saved me from crazy Turkey's running in the road, held off savage wolves, kept me dry in a torrential downpour that caused Mud slides, scarred off a big bear in the woods, almost dipped me over a hill in Moab, and did it all comfortably like sitting in a rocking chair.

Actually I am selling my 2nd of 3 Landcruisers because I picked up my dream color (a Locked 40th) a couple of months ago. It is actually harder to let this truck go than I thought. It has many great memories and it has many more to come in a different stable.

Its a 97, color Sage Green, 203,900 miles. Factory locking Diff's. 3rd row seats.

The goodies it has:
5 x 35" Toyo Open Country MT w/ around 8,000 miles on them.
Slee Rear Bumper w/hi-lift
ARM Front bumer that fits winch w/ AC dryer skid plate
Slee front caster plates
slee front and rear pan-hard bar kit
OME J springs
OME L shocks w/ approx. 15k miles
OME Steering Stabalizer
Hanna sliders
Yakima Roof rack
2.5 Inch Exhaust over frame
New Catalytic converters
New O2 Sensors
New Engine wiring harness
Red Top Battery w/ Military style connectors - ready for a winch
Safari Snorkel
Slee Speedo Gear
Slee stainless steel brake lines
Rebuilt and Balanced Rear Driveshaft approx. 15k miles ago
New Brake pistons on Front Brake Calipers
Factory Manuals
XM Radio / CD player with Infinity Speakers
PHH Replaced about 25k ago - performed at Slee
Head Gasket Replaced about 25k ago - performed at Slee
New Radiator about 25k ago - performed at Slee
Cross Drilled and Slotted Brakes by Slee
F & R Axles done about 20k ago - probably ready for a little care
New TPS
New Spark Plugs / Wires / Distro Cap / Rotor - 4k approx.
New Brakes
New Windshield
New Idler Pulley and Belts
Fire Extinguisher
w/ many more items that I am certainly forgetting.

I have all service records since I picked this truck up in 2005. Most work was performed by Slee Offroad. No rust, never wrecked, never repainted.

Known problems I have noted:
**Minor Exhaust leak near the manifold. I am planning to fix but maybe it is your thing.
**While saving me from Mud Slides I caught a few blemishes along the passenger side of the truck. I will place picture up soon to depict this. - no dents.
**Tree marks along both sides of vehicle. I believe both the Mud and Tree abrasions will buff out with a professional guy doing it. - no dents.

I will try to post more pics later on. Asking 7600 obo!

The Pics may look interesting since there is a Slee front bumper with a winch but that is on my 40th now and was replaced with an ARB. That applies to one of the photos in here as well that had a 6 in lift which was also moved to my 40th. Thought I might want to clear it up a little there.

Call me (John) at 303-886-4507 for more info or to come look at it or drive it.

Romer
03-05-2009, 08:06 AM
Thats a great deal. Did the Canuck ever find his dream 80?

Enigma303
03-05-2009, 08:26 AM
Thats a great deal man, I'm very interested in it. I toateled my 95 on the 21st and not sure if it's worth fixing (4,500 bucks from Oleg), with all the goodies this one allready has might be a better option. I will deff be in contact with you about it. Thor 7/ 289-6164

nakman
03-05-2009, 11:27 AM
Hey Subzali here's the fender flare your dad needs.. he can give you the rest of the truck once he takes it. ;) :bolt:

bigbluefj
03-05-2009, 05:55 PM
No he has not, and with the way the US dollar is it might be awhile also ..

A company from denver went in the tank here in canmore, they were a major player in land holdings here so things are not well in town also..

Shark Bait
03-05-2009, 08:25 PM
No he has not, and with the way the US dollar is it might be awhile also ..

A company from denver went in the tank here in canmore, they were a major player in land holdings here so things are not well in town also..

I think the Commander's daughters are still available. There may still be hope.... :eek:

Romer
03-05-2009, 08:41 PM
I think the Commander's daughters are still available. There may still be hope.... :eek:

And I thought you were my friend

bigbluefj
03-05-2009, 08:47 PM
I don't think the Commander would like me to call him dad, but it was his wife that came up with the idea though??? HMMMM

Rzeppa
03-05-2009, 09:22 PM
Interesting. Last night I had a vivid dream that I bought an 80. And it had Christo's front bumper and not an ARB. What's up with that?

subzali
03-05-2009, 10:18 PM
Hey Subzali here's the fender flare your dad needs.. he can give you the rest of the truck once he takes it. ;) :bolt:

I'll let him know ;)

I'm just having a REALLY hard time giving up my little commuter pickup!

thelal
03-18-2009, 10:17 AM
I've bought the truck from John after my 96 got side-swipped and totalled at an intersection in Jan. Had that truck since new (174K) so hard to see it go :(.

Just a little bit ;) higher than my old truck on its 33" Simex.
Not a bad St. Paddys puchase 4 an Irishman!

Brendan

thelal
04-06-2009, 11:33 AM
Had some juggling getting it thru emissions but John was a good help.

Just back with it from a few days of coooold camping in the Sand Dunes. Medano Pass 4x4 trial was closed - snow drifts - yah right! was only 1" on snow up to the gate - wippy law enforcement :(
Kids had a great time with fast sledding where there was snow on the slopes in the Dunes.

Truck did great - drive back was slow with 25mpg thru Monument with snow blowing and trucks n chains etc.

Brendan

Nemo
04-06-2009, 11:52 AM
Truck did great - drive back was slow with 25mpg thru Monument with snow blowing and trucks n chains etc.

Brendan

Brendan, If that truck was doing 25mpg can I have it back :hill:

That is some good gas mileage....

thelal
04-06-2009, 01:21 PM
Duh! sorry it was a slow drive at 25mpH - havn't worked out the mpg's just yet but if does do that on mpG then I'll be wrapping up my new high-tech gas improvement invention : )