PDA

View Full Version : Wild Rice sneak peek!

treerootCO
03-08-2009, 10:36 PM
:D You know we love ya

Shark Bait
03-08-2009, 11:01 PM
Duct tape. Handyman's secret weapon. :D

If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. :lmao:

Beater
03-08-2009, 11:17 PM
wait... my wife has been calling me handy for years. What's that mean?
j

Jacket
03-09-2009, 09:05 AM
Is that OEM tape?

Uncle Ben
03-09-2009, 03:42 PM
What ever I have been doing it appears my hair is growing back so I need to keep doing it! Problem is it will take more than a roll of race tape to get a vehicle with an oval diff cover opening to get you home! And sorry to disappoint but I have no inspection covered diffs anymore......that is so pre 1980ish! :rolleyes: Like for example this pic from a couple weeks ago.....

isotel
03-10-2009, 04:24 PM
Very Nice Kevin!
What Leafs are those? - or is that a trade secret?

Uncle Ben
03-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Very Nice Kevin!
What Leafs are those? - or is that a trade secret?

Whats left of F-350 springs.

Currently working hard at making the rest of the Cruiser not look like it has sat for the last few years.... :(

bh4rnnr
03-10-2009, 05:35 PM
What ever I have been doing it appears my hair is growing back so I need to keep doing it! Problem is it will take more than a roll of race tape to get a vehicle with an oval diff cover opening to get you home! And sorry to disappoint but I have no inspection covered diffs anymore......that is so pre 1980ish! :rolleyes: Like for example this pic from a couple weeks ago.....

:drool::drool::drool::drool:

:cool::cheers::beer::beer:

Rezarf
03-10-2009, 05:58 PM
AWWWW SNAP!

That looks AWESOME, and I don't even know what I am looking at! :D

nakman
03-10-2009, 06:23 PM
Meh. where's the ABS sensor wiring? no traction control ECU? no coil springs.. some Cruiser. :rolleyes:

Uncle Ben
03-10-2009, 06:39 PM
Meh. where's the ABS sensor wiring? no traction control ECU? no coil springs.. some Cruiser. :rolleyes:

ABS sensors are gone, it's true but there is definately traction control, coils are on the front and yes there is still some Cruiser....actually lot's of Cruiser just not any specific year.... ;)

Red_Chili
03-10-2009, 08:06 PM
actually lot's of Cruiser just not any specific year....
Reminds me of a certain 4Runner... :lmao:

Uncle Ben
03-10-2009, 09:07 PM
Reminds me of a certain 4Runner... :lmao:

I can happily say there is no mini truck stuff anywhere on this old dinosaur.....yet! Oh.....pooh.....front hubs are Aisens so I guess I can't say that now. Stands to reason as the hubs are the "fuse" in the drivetrain and normally they should be the weakest part but alas....they have Mr. Longfield parts in them too to make them Cruiser worthy.... :rolleyes:

Crash
03-10-2009, 09:20 PM
I can happily say there is no mini truck stuff anywhere on this old dinosaur.....yet! Oh.....pooh.....front hubs are Aisens so I guess I can't say that now. Stands to reason as the hubs are the "fuse" in the drivetrain and normally they should be the weakest part but alas....they have Mr. Longfield parts in them too to make them Cruiser worthy.... :rolleyes:

I think, but don't really know, that I'd rather have mini truck parts on my Toyota than some leftover Ford truck parts. BaileyFJ40 might disagree with that, but at least Toyota ain't begging for billions of my tax $. :hill:

Rezarf
03-10-2009, 09:59 PM
:thumb:I think, but don't really know, that I'd rather have mini truck parts on my Toyota than some leftover Ford truck parts. BaileyFJ40 might disagree with that, but at least Toyota ain't begging for billions of my tax $. :hill:

Neither is Ford... ;)

Uncle Ben
03-10-2009, 10:11 PM
I think, but don't really know, that I'd rather have mini truck parts on my Toyota than some leftover Ford truck parts. BaileyFJ40 might disagree with that, but at least Toyota ain't begging for billions of my tax $. :hill:

You are right on as usual ole wise one! Thats why I'm only using 1/2 of the spring! I figure it actually evens out the Chev transmission, steering column and steering box. :rolleyes:

jacdaw
03-10-2009, 11:38 PM
The springs are only "Ford" parts if they were sourced new. C'mon Kevin, tell us you bought them used and supported the local economy. :p:

Red_Chili
03-11-2009, 09:35 AM
I can happily say there is no mini truck stuff anywhere on this old dinosaur.....yet!
"Yet" being the key word. Only because UB is so slow on his buildup... sssshhhhhhh!

Uncle Ben
03-11-2009, 09:50 AM
"Yet" being the key word. Only because UB is so slow on his buildup... sssshhhhhhh!

Be patient my friend.....your mini truck will be hooked onto the back of my Cruiser soon enough!:lmao::lmao::bolt:

nakman
03-11-2009, 10:05 AM
Be patient my friend.....your mini truck will be hooked onto the back of my Cruiser soon enough!:lmao::lmao::bolt:

Why, doesn't Wild Rice have a reverse gear? oh snap!

Uncle Ben
03-11-2009, 10:11 AM
Why, doesn't Wild Rice have a reverse gear? oh snap!

Nope! Reverse breaks Birfields....haven't you heard?

Red_Chili
03-11-2009, 11:16 AM
Even if you could pull a motor that way without destroying it... you can't have mine!!!!!
:lmao:

Uncle Ben
03-11-2009, 11:22 AM
Even if you could pull a motor that way without destroying it... you can't have mine!!!!!
:lmao:

But ya gotta admit it would be interesting entertaining! ;)

AxleIke
03-11-2009, 12:57 PM
Don't worry Bill, It'll be my junk he is towing along a trail. Might be the only way it'll go wheeling anymore :D

isotel
03-12-2009, 03:24 PM
i want more Spy Photos!

Whats the Front looking like?

Uncle Ben
03-12-2009, 04:26 PM
i want more Spy Photos!

Whats the Front looking like?

I already spilled more beans than I should have so now go away! :rolleyes: :p:

AxleIke
03-12-2009, 04:31 PM
I already spilled more beans than I should have so now go away! :rolleyes: :p: