PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Moab beer fund - now accepting donations!

nakman
03-06-2006, 03:59 PM
Somehow I've been put in charge of :beer: for Cruise Moab. Can't remember if I was voted in, or if this was more self-appointed.. there was a little :drink: going on that night and so :beer: was most definitely involved. But I've never been one to turn down a fun challenge, and so to that end I'm giving you the opportunity to participate!

Starting right now, paypal (http://www.paypal.com/) any amount of money to thenakman @ hotmail.com (just take the spaces out), where I am collecting your funds and putting those towards the greater good down in the desert. You don't have to attend Cruise Moab to participate, nor do you have to be a Rising Sun member. Heck, you could even drive a Jeep and still be elgible! If you're not 21 you still won't qualify for :beer: at the event, sorry kids.. but you can still play I'll gladly put your money towards cups & ice.

Each night after our runs we'll all raise a glass in your honor, and perhaps post up a couple pics in this thread so that you can see that your money was well used. No amount is too small, and I'll gladly preserve your anonymity if you like, just let me know! :cheers: :cheers: :wav:

Uncle Ben
03-06-2006, 04:47 PM
Rrrrrrr....done ye matie, yo ho..... :fing: :drink:

bh4rnnr
03-06-2006, 05:37 PM
Somehow I've been put in charge of :beer: for Cruise Moab. Can't remember if I was voted in, or if this was more self-appointed.. there was a little :drink: going on that night and so :beer: was most definitely involved. But I've never been one to turn down a fun challenge, and so to that end I'm giving you the opportunity to participate!

Starting right now, paypal (http://www.paypal.com/) any amount of money to thenakman @ hotmail.com (just take the spaces out), where I am collecting your funds and putting those towards the greater good down in the desert. You don't have to attend Cruise Moab to participate, nor do you have to be a Rising Sun member. Heck, you could even drive a Jeep and still be elgible! If you're not 21 you still won't qualify for :beer: at the event, sorry kids.. but you can still play I'll gladly put your money towards cups & ice.

Each night after our runs we'll all raise a glass in your honor, and perhaps post up a couple pics in this thread so that you can see that your money was well used. No amount is too small, and I'll gladly preserve your anonymity if you like, just let me know! :cheers: :cheers: :wav:

I expect to see(well, more like :drink: ) only the finest :beer: there is to offer. I'll see how the next pay check goes and glady donate some. I wonder if Wynkoop fills them at the brewer :confused:

Romer
03-06-2006, 06:14 PM
Sooooo, before I send in my hard earned money. What brand of liquid refreshment are you leaning towards. Hate to contribute and then have you pick a beer I don't like. I'm not picky just don't like the dark bitter beers.

Uncle Ben
03-06-2006, 06:48 PM
Sooooo, before I send in my hard earned money. What brand of liquid refreshment are you leaning towards. Hate to contribute and then have you pick a beer I don't like. I'm not picky just don't like the dark bitter beers.

Look....it just sits there.... :beer: what fun is that?

Woo hoo come to the dark side... :bowdown: :drink:

:lmao:

nakman
03-06-2006, 07:20 PM
Alright, thanks Kevin!! Since you're first to commit you get "free cuts" all week.. :)

Romer, it's all about what you put in, and how well you lobby for what you want! At this point it's Uncle Ben & I sharing a 6-pack of Fat Tire.. but with the right amount of influence, that could quickly change into a keg of Amstel Light and a big bottle of Crown... It's all up to your level of enthusiasm.. :rolleyes: :D

Shark Bait
03-06-2006, 08:54 PM
I'll try and get a keg from the Shiner folks this year instead of just cases. :D

Hulk
03-06-2006, 10:09 PM
Just got back from dinner and beers with Romer, Treeroot, Ige, and special guest Mark from Mark's Offroad. They have some large beers at that Outback Steakhouse. Mmmm.

Money has been sent for this beer fund. I request something bitter and hoppy. Anything with the words ESB or Pale Ale will make me happy.

:beer::beer::beer:

El Flaco
03-06-2006, 11:12 PM
hmmm...what exactly is 'the right amount of influence' Does this mean we should contribute while under the influence? And where is Spiderlegs when we need you. We know you work for a distributor of fine spirtits buddy boy...

treerootCO
03-06-2006, 11:41 PM
Whoo hooo! Paypal sent :grinpimp:

nakman
03-07-2006, 05:54 PM
This is awesome, thanks everybody!! :cheers:

farnhamstj
03-08-2006, 09:57 AM
Friendly reminder that kegs are not allowed in Utah.

Hulk
03-08-2006, 01:50 PM
How vigilantly is this enforced in Moab? Just curious. We were planning to keep this concealed from view.

Three Wheel Ben
03-08-2006, 01:53 PM
I grew up there - they are only not allowed if you get caught with one. :D :D

bustanutley
03-09-2006, 01:37 PM
every year my freinds and I take a trip to moab, stop in Grand Junction for booze, cause buying it in utah blows. We have had kegs, and we just barry them in the sand. 30 packs are eaiser to manage and cool , but with this volume of peeps, barrels are the way. :beer:

Beater
03-09-2006, 01:47 PM
we could convert my 4x8 trailer to a kegerator....

IanB
03-09-2006, 07:19 PM

Ok if this is illegal I'm in :drink: :fing:

Uncle Ben
03-09-2006, 10:04 PM
Ok if this is illegal I'm in :drink: :fing:

So do we now have to start a legal defense (bribe) fund? :eek: I'm in! :fing: :drink:

nakman
03-10-2006, 08:19 PM
Well kids, it was a fun ride but we've been officially shut down :bawl:. The renegade that lives inside us all is not enough to squander the glaring reality that we need to be responsible adults here, and put on a respectible event. I must say I'm a little bummed, we were on track to have a steady flow of :beer: for the entire event, for everyone... anyway it's the right thing to do, the Moab PD likes us and we need to keep it that way... :blah: :blah:

For those of you who donated already, thanks very much. So far I've renewed my TLCA membership, and bought a couple new CD's. Off to ebay now.. :D

Oh, and if anyone's interested in a keg fridge (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=961) , please let me know. :rolleyes:

Beater
03-12-2006, 10:31 AM
What? I joined a club that is dry? WTF?

or, are we just not providing as a "club"

j

nakman
03-12-2006, 10:35 AM

The latter, man. ;)

bigbluefj
03-12-2006, 08:23 PM
if you guy's talk nice to me maybe i'll bring a couple of 24's with me i think you'll like the molson canadian and some kokanee :beer: :beer: there the 2 big :beer: 's in canada

kevin

Hulk
03-12-2006, 11:14 PM

We got cold feet once we found out that we would be breaking at least two Utah laws by tapping a keg in the campground. It was a sad decision, but the right one.

There will still be many opportunities to enjoy a cold one with the RS gang in Moab, never fear.
:beer:

nakman
03-13-2006, 08:30 AM
Mmmmm... Kokanee!! :drink: good stuff, eh?

IanB
03-13-2006, 04:30 PM

j

Just look for the :flamingo: :flamingo: :flamingo: and there you will find :beer: :hill: :drink: :boozer: :drool: :party: :grinpimp: