PDA

View Full Version : WTB FJ40 Springs

tcarlson78
03-11-2009, 10:09 PM
Greetings,
I am looking for some stock springs (OEM or aftermarket with some good arc and life left in them) for my 40. I am starting to pull together pieces and parts to do a SOA project to replace my 4" lift springs.

I travel from Cheyenne down to Denver frequently so shipping can be easy to work out.

Please drop me a note if you have any leads.

Troy

MDH33
03-11-2009, 10:50 PM
noticed these recently:

http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/1061336841.html

Hulk
03-11-2009, 11:58 PM
What year 40? I have the old OEM springs from my 1981 FJ40, but the spring eyes are much different than on earlier years.

Rzeppa
03-12-2009, 06:11 PM
What year 40? I have the old OEM springs from my 1981 FJ40, but the spring eyes are much different than on earlier years.

Usually that's not much of an issue due to replacing bushings at the same time anyway, you just get the larger OD bushings for the springs. Most of the time when you are replacing worn out springs, the bushings are bagged anyway and are replaced at the same time.

kfuss
03-13-2009, 01:55 PM
I'll trade you my stock springs for your 4" springs.

tcarlson78
03-13-2009, 08:42 PM
Sorry for delays in replying. Work takes me away from my home computer and I get firewalled from work.
Matt, what is the condition of the springs? and what are you asking for $$. I am fairly sure that my current springs have larger bushings so I am good there.

Kfuss, I have the 4" BTB Legend springs both front and rear. They are about 6 years old and in good to great shape considering CO and WY winters. What timeline are you looking at as I need to pull the springs off to in order to trade. What condition are your springs in?

kfuss
03-14-2009, 09:10 AM
Kfuss, I have the 4" BTB Legend springs both front and rear. They are about 6 years old and in good to great shape considering CO and WY winters. What timeline are you looking at as I need to pull the springs off to in order to trade. What condition are your springs in?

Troy,
Mine are stock 76 springs and used. They are out and periodically move from 1 side of the garage to the other. I was going to use for a spring over a few years ago, but I don't know if I want to go that route.

I have some brand new red poly bushing from CCOT I can throw in the deal. :D

Hulk
03-14-2009, 11:04 PM
IIRC, the springs are actually wider starting in 1981. So my springs are not going to work unless you have an 81-83.