PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Spacers

mtncrsr
03-12-2009, 04:38 PM
Anyone have thoughts on the use of wheel spacers for an FJ40 with '77 axles to gain some extra width and stability? I know that it puts added stress on parts due to the leverage, but is adding 1" - 2" per side worth the trade-offs?:confused: I would appreciate any input.:D

AxleIke
03-12-2009, 04:46 PM
Lots and lots of people run spacers.

They work well when the cash for a better housing isn't around.

I'm sure others will chime in, but I wouldn't hesitate to run them.

zornff
03-13-2009, 06:51 AM
I ran them for 2 years with no problems. Blue loctite and a torque wrench are the key, and check them regularly !

mtncrsr
03-13-2009, 07:20 AM
I ran them for 2 years with no problems. Blue loctite and a torque wrench are the key, and check them regularly !

Thanks for the input. How often did you check the torque? Did they loosen up fairly quickly? What brand and material were yours? How wide were yours? Why did you quit using them? WHEW!!! that's a lot of question:eek:

rover67
03-13-2009, 08:00 AM
I run wheel spacers all around on the 60 and have never had any problems. Got them of of ebay.

1.25" Nice Billet Aluminum and Nice studs came with them.

I torque them whenever I have a wheel off (no loctite) and have not had a problem in the year or two i've had them on.

Lot's of people hate them.

mtncrsr
03-13-2009, 08:13 AM
I run wheel spacers all around on the 60 and have never had any problems. Got them of of ebay.

1.25" Nice Billet Aluminum and Nice studs came with them.

I torque them whenever I have a wheel off (no loctite) and have not had a problem in the year or two i've had them on.

Lot's of people hate them.

What have your heard about why they hate them?