PDA

View Full Version : Rising Sun in St. Patrick's Day parade 2010

Hulk
03-16-2009, 02:19 AM
My family went to the St. Patrick's Day parade in Denver on Saturday. It was great as usual. I'll post up some pictures later.

One thing I noticed was car clubs in the parade, including the Mile High Jeep Club and the Rocky Mountain Pinzgauer club.

I'm thinking maybe we should consider trying to get our little Toyota club in the parade next year. For those of us with small kids, I think they would be absolutely thrilled to be in the parade, rather than just attending the parade.

After all, the Hulk is green. http://rustybrain.com/smile/shamrock.gif

http://rustybrain.com/smile/shamrock2.gif http://rustybrain.com/smile/ShamrockSmileyGrins.gif

Uncle Ben
03-16-2009, 08:16 AM
Sounds fun! The light parades are always cool and with many of us sporting 110 capabilities we could put on quite a show!

nakman
03-16-2009, 09:22 AM
Sounds like a lot of fun, good idea! I have thought we should try to do the Louisville Xmas parade as well.

Jacket
03-16-2009, 09:33 AM
Good thought on both. We go to the Louisville parade every year.

bh4rnnr
03-16-2009, 11:05 AM
I'd be game for that.

Uncle Ben
03-16-2009, 04:01 PM
I'd be game for that.

Sorry Perry, we would only let minis that still had the styleside type bed to join us! Jungle Gyms walk the Sesame Street parade! :lmao::lmao: :bowdown::perry:

RockRunner
03-16-2009, 04:15 PM
Perry do you remember the Parrot heads coming by?? You should, we had the best float, that is the word on the street.

We build this years float to our own design instead of the theme they provided, can't remember what it was this year. The Tiki bar was fully functional with two cold-plate boxes and a Margarita machine. We served 3.5 kegs of beer, 15 gallons of Parrot Head Rum Punch and 15 gallons Margaritas. We also had a little golf cart swarming around with 5 gallons of some Vodka concoction. By the time we were back in the staging area and pulled of the things that would not travel well on the float at high speed we finished the drinks. That is 97 GALLONS :eek::eek:

Here are some pictures of the float in action, I will try to post up the video I took.

PS Nearly all of us had hotel rooms reserved or a DD/light rail, we don't condone DD.;)

Hulk
03-16-2009, 07:04 PM
Tom, I took some pictures of the volcano as it passed by -- I'll post them up tonight. I was looking for you but never saw anyone who looked like you.

What was leaking? The Nissan/Datsun club was using it to do burnouts when they came past a few minutes later.

bh4rnnr
03-16-2009, 07:35 PM
Perry do you remember the Parrot heads coming by?? You should, we had the best float, that is the word on the street.

We build this years float to our own design instead of the theme they provided, can't remember what it was this year. The Tiki bar was fully functional with two cold-plate boxes and a Margarita machine. We served 3.5 kegs of beer, 15 gallons of Parrot Head Rum Punch and 15 gallons Margaritas. We also had a little golf cart swarming around with 5 gallons of some Vodka concoction. By the time we were back in the staging area and pulled of the things that would not travel well on the float at high speed we finished the drinks. That is 97 GALLONS :eek::eek:

Here are some pictures of the float in action, I will try to post up the video I took.

PS Nearly all of us had hotel rooms reserved or a DD/light rail, we don't condone DD.;)

I didnt make it to the parade this year, tried to avoid all the crazy people. Didnt work to well since we ran out of glass at work. Then there was Sunday....

The float looks sweet though!!

:beer::beer:

bh4rnnr
03-16-2009, 07:36 PM
Sorry Perry, we would only let minis that still had the styleside type bed to join us! Jungle Gyms walk the Sesame Street parade! :lmao::lmao: :bowdown::perry:

At least I have a Mini:hill::lmao::beer::beer:

Uncle Ben
03-16-2009, 08:52 PM
At least I have a Mini:hill::lmao::beer::beer:

Really? The little BMW has to be a great compliment to the rolling clothes line mini! ;)

bh4rnnr
03-16-2009, 09:03 PM
Really? The little BMW has to be a great compliment to the rolling clothes line mini! ;)

I dont drive a BMW, you must have me confused with Romer:eek::bowdown::hill:.

Uncle Ben
03-16-2009, 09:20 PM
I dont drive a BMW, you must have me confused with Romer:eek::bowdown::hill:.

Mini is a registered trademark owned by BMW....mini is a descriptive term used to define small gimpish sized trucks.:eek: :lmao::bolt:

RockRunner
03-16-2009, 10:45 PM
Tom, I took some pictures of the volcano as it passed by -- I'll post them up tonight. I was looking for you but never saw anyone who looked like you.

What was leaking? The Nissan/Datsun club was using it to do burnouts when they came past a few minutes later.

I was working the bar. And it is really work since we pour a ton of booze.

The stuff that was leaking was most likely a combination of beer, rum punch and margarita plus ice:D If I knew they were using it for burnouts I would have "spilled" a little more:rolleyes:

How would you rank our float compared to the others? Just curious.