PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever have this?

bh4rnnr
08-29-2005, 09:53 PM
One of my favorite beers for some time... Stoped drinking it for a while. Then the other day my friend Dale calls me telling me there having a catagories game while driving back home(from vail) and his s/o wouldnt believe that there was such a beer, "Railyard Ale". So now it's got me on a mission of trying to find it again.. The local liqure store doesnt have it.. Gonna try looking aroiund this weekend..

linkie:http://www.wynkoop.com/tastes_beer.html

Hulk
08-30-2005, 12:39 AM
Yeah, I've had it. Good stuff. Did you try Davidson's, SW corner of Holly & County Line? Biggest liquor store in Colorado. If they don't have it, nobody will.

IanB
08-30-2005, 06:15 AM
Yes but not in years, good stuff.

treerootCO
08-30-2005, 08:49 AM
Davidson's :D They must be cool ;)

Applejack carries it.

CardinalFJ60
08-30-2005, 08:54 AM
I'll take a walk down the street - the Wynkoop is right there. And...FWIW, the brewmaster at Gordon Biersch in Broomfield used to work there, and is the guy who 'invented' the Railyard Ale...

I'll see if they have any... :cheers:

Maddmatt
08-30-2005, 09:19 AM
Sean beat me to it. That's my standby at Wynkoop if nothing new catches my eye.

Uncle Ben
08-30-2005, 10:16 AM
Obviously, more research needed! ;)

Evrgrnmtnman
08-30-2005, 10:28 AM
Are we being "picky" on the beer we drink these days?? :D

Uncle Ben
08-30-2005, 11:00 AM
Are we being "picky" on the beer we drink these days?? :D

ABSOFRICKINLOOTLY!!!!! Lifes to short to drink cheap beer! :p

Bobzooki
08-30-2005, 11:32 AM
Yeah, I think the Railyard Ale is MADE at the Wyncoop, and therefore, you won't get it anywhere else. As I recall it's a good ale. I prefer darker beers, myself, but it's a good "yellow beer".

Evrgrnmtnman
08-30-2005, 11:33 AM
Well, I've gone from 91 Octane to 85 Octane, Imported Beer to Store Specials...........Beer or Gasoline? :rolleyes:

bh4rnnr
08-30-2005, 11:43 AM
Nothing like a good ale after a long day off wheelin :)

Bobzooki
08-30-2005, 02:22 PM
Nothing like a good ale after a long day off wheelin :)

True - a good Stout isn't like a good Ale - it's better! :D

IanB
08-30-2005, 04:01 PM
True - a good Stout isn't like a good Ale - it's better! :D\

Stouts or Porters in the winter, along with strong ales, they go great with colder weather. But during the hot months a hefeweizen, IPA or pilsener.

This is making me thirsty... :D

bh4rnnr
09-19-2005, 02:43 PM
Well, made a trip down to Davidsons today. A guy there told me that they have been out of buisness for about a year?? I wonder if he means not distributing for a year?? As it looks like there still going strong from the website. Looks like i'll have to make a trip down there one weekend.... On the plus I did walk away with some Fall brew by Breck(my favorite beer now). For some reason I thought it was only available in the mountains, in the fall season. Man it's good stuff :D

Red_Chili
09-19-2005, 04:11 PM
I've taken a shine lately to Bass ale, NOT the bottled, but the canned full pint. It's a different beer than the bottled, I swear it is! Pours something like a Boddington's, but better flavor, and creamy head. Very nice.

Beer or gas? I really don't drink more than one (or at most two, over an evening) at a time for so many reasons, so I really don't have to make the choice. If I had to go with regular AND Bud, I think I'd just drink Diet Dr. Pepper...

Hulk
09-20-2005, 10:05 AM
My favorite beer of the last few months is the new Five Barrel Pale Ale by Odell's (http://www.odellbrewing.com/) (the same guys who make 90 Schilling). It's wonderful.

Kipper
09-20-2005, 11:47 AM
My favorite beer of the last few months is the new Five Barrel Pale Ale by Odell's (http://www.odellbrewing.com/) (the same guys who make 90 Schilling). It's wonderful.

that makes two of us.

Bobzooki
09-20-2005, 01:24 PM
The more I think about this, on a hot summer day, I just don't care. Give me a PBR, or a Guinness...well, I've never had some of those new-fangled low carb premium beers - are those still considered beer, or just barley-water? Anyway, in my beer fridge in the basement (you know, by the dart board, and the pool table), I've got Guinness, Bass, some Linies Red, some Corona, hell, somebody put some Bud Lights in there, some Wexford Ale... Whatever...

Hulk
09-22-2005, 03:01 PM
I have a friend of mine who has a cool father-in-law. Helps him with all kinds of home remodeling projects. His FIL likes to drink Busch Light. A few months ago, I helped him move, and they had a bunch of Busch Light on ice. I drank a few with lunch. It's so damn easy to drink -- it's like beer-flavored soda pop. It shouldn't even be called beer. It makes Coors look like a stout.

It ain't bad at all. You can slam them easy. It just isn't really beer.

bh4rnnr
09-26-2005, 07:38 PM
I have a friend of mine who has a cool father-in-law. Helps him with all kinds of home remodeling projects. His FIL likes to drink Busch Light. A few months ago, I helped him move, and they had a bunch of Busch Light on ice. I drank a few with lunch. It's so damn easy to drink -- it's like beer-flavored soda pop. It shouldn't even be called beer. It makes Coors look like a stout.

It ain't bad at all. You can slam them easy. It just isn't really beer.

Ahh, good old Bush. Whenever we go to Tj's for F'd up Friday thats all we drink(and alot is drank :D ). Compared to the finer ales that I enjoy, it is like water.

And today I picked up some Paul Aner Octoberfest, good stuff. Gotta celebrate the seasons :D

Red_Chili
09-26-2005, 09:36 PM
Paulaner Hefe is good stuff too, works well with a squeeze of lemon. Nice clove touch. So is Grant's Mandarin Hefe, requires no lemon and is therefore right handy for camping. Really nice with Thai food. Shiner Bock is not to be disdained not neither nohow - even if it does hail from Texas and come with a screw-off cap. Lotsa Joimans in Texas. Just the ticket for ring and pinion setup on a cold wintry eve. Shiner Blonde, I can pass on. Just nuttin' there.

Still like a pint of Bass in the can, not the bottle, though. Just one, thankye.