PDA

View Full Version : Aisin Hubs

isotel
03-17-2009, 03:36 PM
These are off of an IFS Truck, so they will go right onto a 27 spline truck

Can be Used on a Solid axle truck with the Como Hub Gear from bobby - http://www.longfieldsuperaxles.com/

Looking for $100 OBO - All cone washers, Washers, and Nuts are included, also the Retaining bolts that go into the CV's

http://forum.ih8mud.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=239435&d=1214111027
http://forum.ih8mud.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=239436&d=1214111068

Located in Colorado Springs. but i can get them up to Denver at some point! or ship them! PM me

isotel
03-17-2009, 04:02 PM
A Little Birdie said they may be priced too high, Make me an offer! i dont need them!

and if you look, they are all OEM hardware, and are not scratched up (like the ones on my Rig).. all i did was wipe them down, im sure they would look great with a good Cleaning!

Hulk
03-17-2009, 04:26 PM
Will they work with my 1981 FJ40? Not sure how many splines I have. If so, I am interested.

wesintl
03-17-2009, 04:52 PM
no.. you'd have change the collar. splines differ between ifs and solid axle.

DaveInDenver
03-17-2009, 05:02 PM
no.. you'd have change the collar. splines differ between ifs and solid axle.
They will work with Longfield's gear inside.

Uncle Ben
03-17-2009, 05:50 PM
Will they work with my 1981 FJ40? Not sure how many splines I have. If so, I am interested.

Matt, I swapped in Bobby collars so I have ya covered for the proper stock collar if you decide to score Trevs hubs!

wesintl
03-17-2009, 08:32 PM
They will work with Longfield's gear inside.

yes..

nice hook up from UB:thumb:

isotel
03-18-2009, 12:52 AM
Wait Just a Second - Correct me if im wrong, but i believe that the Longfield hub gear that will convert an IFS from 27 spline to 30 Is Not the same part as the Upgrade from a regular 30 spline to a Longfeild Cromo Hub gear.. i belive the difference is small, like 1/8" or something.. but i know that there is a difference, and therefore a stock 30 spline hub gear may not work in an IFS hub.

but i guess i just may have ruined my sale ;)

Uncle Ben
03-18-2009, 07:14 AM
Wait Just a Second - Correct me if im wrong, but i believe that the Longfield hub gear that will convert an IFS from 27 spline to 30 Is Not the same part as the Upgrade from a regular 30 spline to a Longfeild Cromo Hub gear.. i belive the difference is small, like 1/8" or something.. but i know that there is a difference, and therefore a stock 30 spline hub gear may not work in an IFS hub.

Let me tinker around with that later today. I have a set of IFS hubs and several sets of solid axle Aisens. Stay tuned.....

DaveInDenver
03-18-2009, 07:27 AM
i believe that the Longfield hub gear that will convert an IFS from 27 spline to 30 Is Not the same part as the Upgrade from a regular 30 spline to a Longfeild Cromo Hub gear.
That was my understanding, that the bodies of the IFS and solid axle Aisin hubs are not identical, however the faces are the same. Bobby makes two different gears, one to upgrade existing hub locks and one to convert IFS hubs for use on solid axles.
i belive the difference is small, like 1/8" or something.. but i know that there is a difference, and therefore a stock 30 spline hub gear may not work in an IFS hub.

Not necessarily, but you'll probably have to do better than $100. Last summer I bought a whole front end hub-to-hub, a pair of CV axles and all the rest from an SAS conversion for a case of Coors Light... The guy just wanted it gone and I was just the right huckleberry to help him out.

Red_Chili
03-18-2009, 08:33 AM
All that for Coors Light.... Sheesh. He could have at least held out for a case of Shiner's Dunkelweisen... :lmao:

wesintl
03-18-2009, 09:45 AM
I've put 30 spline solid axle collars into ifs and suzuki sammi ifs hub bodies. I was assuming the cromo collar would be the same.

Hulk
03-18-2009, 10:41 AM
So will these work or not? We've worked out a deal, but if they won't work on my late model FJ40, I have no use for them.

Uncle Ben
03-18-2009, 10:52 AM
So will these work or not? We've worked out a deal, but if they won't work on my late model FJ40, I have no use for them.

Patience oh great Hulk.....give me a chance to clear through this pile of paperwork and I'll find out soon..... :rolleyes: :banghead::snail:

Hulk
03-18-2009, 10:55 AM
Thanks, man. :)

Uncle Ben
03-18-2009, 12:35 PM
Thanks, man. :)

Matt,
Just played around with hub parts. You can swap the 27spline IFS drive gear to the 30 spline SA drive gear BUT there is a difference in the hub body! The difference will probably prevent the use of the axle snap ring as the recess is at least 1/8 to 3/16 shallower. You are welcome to try but (sorry Trev) I suggest just starting with SA hubs to begin with. If you decide to go for it anyway I have the parts you need to convert.
If I remember correctly I think the IFS hubs use a bolt and washer in the end of the axle instead of the c-clip......I can see if a modded hub will fit the SA axle and spindle hub later tonight using a washer and bolt if ya want..... I did look at Bobbys site and the two Cromo collars he sells are different part #'s so there is a difference somewhere (probably depth of the sleeve part).

DaveInDenver
03-18-2009, 02:14 PM
If I remember correctly I think the IFS hubs use a bolt and washer in the end of the axle instead of the c-clip......
The end of the CV axle stub has a groove for a C-clip that holds the axle snug into the hub. There is also a bolt in the end, but that I think is back-up. Without the C-clip there axle will slide in-n-out about 1/2" or so.
I did look at Bobbys site and the two Cromo collars he sells are different part #'s so there is a difference somewhere (probably depth of the sleeve part).
Bobby definitely sells a gear to convert IFS hubs for use on a live beam axle. It would make the hub a frankenlock in that it will no longer work on IFS due to spline count and would not fit right into a real solid axle hub body.

isotel
03-18-2009, 02:16 PM
Thats what i was thinking.. No Problemb.. I got them on craigslist! maybe an IFS guy will need to upgrade from the auto hubs or the drive plates..

Thanks for the effort Kevin, you Da Man!

Hulk
03-18-2009, 03:22 PM
Matt,
Just played around with hub parts. You can swap the 27spline IFS drive gear to the 30 spline SA drive gear BUT there is a difference in the hub body! The difference will probably prevent the use of the axle snap ring as the recess is at least 1/8 to 3/16 shallower. You are welcome to try but (sorry Trev) I suggest just starting with SA hubs to begin with. If you decide to go for it anyway I have the parts you need to convert.
If I remember correctly I think the IFS hubs use a bolt and washer in the end of the axle instead of the c-clip......I can see if a modded hub will fit the SA axle and spindle hub later tonight using a washer and bolt if ya want..... I did look at Bobbys site and the two Cromo collars he sells are different part #'s so there is a difference somewhere (probably depth of the sleeve part).

Uncle Ben, thanks for looking into this! Sounds like some SA hubs are the way to go.