PDA

View Full Version : June 71 Tub

bigbluefj
03-21-2009, 07:41 PM
So i have a June 71 Tub and i was taking a look at it and on the transmission tunnel there's no hole for tranny or tcase would this be a three in the tree? if so where would the tcase hole be???

Kevin

theboomboom
03-21-2009, 09:08 PM
Yessir you are correct, a June '71 would be a 3 on the tree. T case shifter is mounted under the dash next to the e-brake. Our '71 is already converted to a 3 on the floor, someone else may chime up with measurements for ya.

Rzeppa
03-23-2009, 05:00 PM
You will have to measure and cut the hump if you want to use it with a floor shifter and floor t-case shifter. I did this for the tranny shifter when I installed a 4-speed in my 71. I retained the under-dash lever for the t-case range selector and retained the vacuum actuated front drive, less clutter on the floor.

bigbluefj
03-23-2009, 09:23 PM
Well i'm going have to take a look at this tub now just to see what i have, i've never seen such a thing it was free so one can't complain i guess should not be to much trouble to put a hole??

Rzeppa
03-23-2009, 09:54 PM
Well i'm going have to take a look at this tub now just to see what i have, i've never seen such a thing it was free so one can't complain i guess should not be to much trouble to put a hole??

Just use whatever you normally cut sheet metal with. Zip wheel, sawzall, plasma torch, etc. Like everything, measure twice and cut once. You will have to clearance a couple of the bolt heads that stick up from the top of the 4 speed, it is taller than the 3 speed that the tranny hump was designed for.

bigbluefj
03-23-2009, 10:49 PM
well it will be awhile before i get to that part anyway so it's something to look forward to i guess..

SteveH
03-24-2009, 12:37 PM
>>You will have to clearance a couple of the bolt heads that stick up from the top of the 4 speed, it is taller than the 3 speed that the tranny hump was designed for.

Jeff is right - and/or you can do a 1" body lift to allow the trans cover to clear the 4 speed. If you don't, the trans. cover will become an amplifier for transmission sounds and it will be quite loud. It varies from vehicle to vehicle, but my tunnel cover was never going to fit without a body lift.

Rzeppa
03-24-2009, 10:07 PM
If you don't, the trans. cover will become an amplifier for transmission sounds and it will be quite loud.

Huh? What did you say?

bigbluefj
03-25-2009, 07:40 AM
Well e Chance of me having a stock transmission slim to none, but weird thing's can happen...

SteveH
03-25-2009, 08:18 AM
I meant to say 'tunnel cover' - not 'trans cover' - Steve

Rzeppa
03-25-2009, 08:31 PM
I meant to say 'tunnel cover' - not 'trans cover' - Steve

AKA "doghouse", "tranny hump", etc.

bigbluefj
03-25-2009, 10:43 PM
Well i started tearing in to the tub to day taking this off taking that off sweeping dirt etc.... will take some photo's tomorrow to see what course of action i should take..

Kevin