PDA

View Full Version : HD Roofrack clamps--FREE SHIPPING TO CONUS & HI!!

Groucho
03-24-2009, 08:25 AM
A while back we did a group buy of these clamps for the Club and due to mud demand I now have some almost always in stock. They are available ready to ship to anyone who needs them. These are to help people who want to make their own roofrack and don't want the flimsy gutter clamps available commercially. These are heavy duty gutter clamps intended for hard use. This is not intended to put my kids through college. Pricing is what I am able to offer directly from the fab shop, plus a buck or two for handling. Please PM with questions, or go here (http://www.tallowpot.com/products.html) to purchase today. RS members who want to pick them up in person can save $$$ on shipping and pay by check or cash at the meeting. Otherwise, they will ship within 24 hours after payment is received by flat rate, usually 1-2 days local.

To quote a few mud buyers about these things:

Originally Posted by askeyey
Just got mine in the mail. The box weighed more than my entire old roof rack! I though these were for my truck, not for attaching the space shuttle to a 747! They rock! Can't wait to get them installed and fab up the rest of my custom RTT. These are gonna kick ass!

Originally Posted by moiremusic
Just received my 8 clamps today. For anyone attempting to justify the cost to themselves, let me tell you that these are probably the last roofrack clamps you will ever need to buy. I'm pretty sure I'll wear out a lifetime of roofracks and still be using the same clamps. Very pleased, and very glad I didn't go with a cheap commercial option.

Many RS members have these as well, so don't hesitate to ask.

These clamps are made in the USA, the main item is made of 3/16" HRPO steel, the other two details are 10 GA(0.130") Cold Rolled Steel. Each clamp comes with the hardware seen in the picture.
Two 3/8-16 bolts
5 3/8 flat washers
5 3/8 lock washers
3 3/8-16 nuts
all grade 5 clear zinc

The brackets are powdercoated in a partial -gloss black, polyester outdoor powder which is very durable to abrasion and the elements. These clamps are heavy duty and work on most vehicles with a rain gutter. They work on all FJ40's, Fj60's and FJ/FZJ80's.

**As of 3-1-09** Go here (http://www.tallowpot.com/products.html) to buy. Shipping is included in the prices on the website. Paypal links abound. PM me with any problems.

frontrange
03-26-2009, 08:39 AM
I guess I'm slow, but what the point of a heavy duty gutter clamp on a flimsy FJ40 rain gutter?

Groucho
03-26-2009, 04:32 PM
I guess I'm slow, but what the point of a heavy duty gutter clamp on a flimsy FJ40 rain gutter?

Very common use for these clamps. If the gutter is useless due to being weak from damage (weather, sun, scraping the side of the turn that used to be on E-Hill), they won't help you much. But with a reasonably sound gutter, these clamps help distribute the weight of a roofrack so the flimsy roof of your FJ40 can support your crap er, I mean, um gear. :D The HD part is that these clamps aren't as flimsy as some of the cheaper ones found commercially.

Just like this:

76FJ
04-02-2009, 09:43 AM
I actually have a set of these clamps holding a heavy duty rack on my 40 and they work great!