PDA

View Full Version : Buds

Crash
03-24-2009, 04:05 PM
Uncle Ben, this Buds is for you!! Got an estimate from both AA Performance Muffler and Brakes and Bud's Muffler Shop for a new cat, which seems to be the answer to my high NOx problem, and Bud's wins, costwise, plus they are so much closer to me. Both are good.
:beer:

Uncle Ben
03-24-2009, 05:39 PM
:thumb::thumb: You wont be disappointed!

Beater
03-24-2009, 08:09 PM
dude - I am soooo depressed.. I saw the title of this thread and well, nevermind...

Crash
03-24-2009, 09:28 PM
dude - I am soooo depressed.. I saw the title of this thread and well, nevermind...

What were you expecting? Pictures of lilac bushes budding out in Moab? I dunno. They were, as were most other green things there. Or maybe something about the fact that Rock Wagon brought mucho cases of Bud products to Moab? By the way Will, I think I am going to be a big fan of the Lite, oops, Light with Lime. First impressions are very favorable and it really helps the Sotol go down smoothly!
:cheers:

Crash
04-01-2009, 02:59 PM
Got the new OEM O2 sensors installed this past weekend and spent some time with BVB learning and tuning Bart's AFM. Thanks Bill!! Had the new cat installed at Bud's this morning and passed emissions with flying colors!!!!! Little old lady cashier, probably my age!, commented that the numbers were excellent for an older truck. Phew.
Not a complaint, but I am a little disappointed in the way the estimate from Bud's was front-loaded. The estimate from AA Performance Muffler was higher so Bud's still was better, but.... Labor was estimated at 1.5 hrs because I also had them cut out a wideband sensor installed some years ago for testing purposes and sleeve past where it had been right behind the cat. Anyway, it took them all of a half hour to remove and replace the cat and I was still charged for 1.5 hours of labor. When I mentioned the original estimate was for 1.5 hours, not .5 hours, I was given the brush off. "Estimate" seems to mean something besides what I think it means. Oh well, happy to be good for two more years at least and I'm sure that Bud's policies are no different from anyone elses - I'll go back there if ever needed.

calphi27
04-01-2009, 06:31 PM
where is bud's and what rig did you put this on? your 62?

bh4rnnr
04-01-2009, 07:52 PM
Uncle Ben, this Buds is for you!! Got an estimate from both AA Performance Muffler and Brakes and Bud's Muffler Shop for a new cat, which seems to be the answer to my high NOx problem, and Bud's wins, costwise, plus they are so much closer to me. Both are good.
:beer:

A&A rocks. Awesome work and good people.

calphi27
04-02-2009, 10:17 AM
saw buds on sante fe on my way to the avs game last night.