PDA

View Full Version : picture frame shops

nuclearlemon
03-24-2009, 08:13 PM
Anybody recommend one? Of course, I'm very budget minded, but I just smashed the glass and the frame is all scratched up from 20 years of moving, but I love the pic and I've displayed it for years unlike some others, Salvador Dali drawing for 'Christ of St. John of the Cross'

So, need new frame, @36x28, in a dark brown since the sketch is in a peach color, and glass. Originally, I framed it at a do it yourself place; if it means saving money, I'll do that again.

Uncle Ben
03-24-2009, 08:17 PM
Hobby Lobby is reasonable for custom frames. Hit up Powderpig too as he and Robin have picture frame making down to a swift breeze!

bh4rnnr
03-24-2009, 08:46 PM
Anybody recommend one? Of course, I'm very budget minded, but I just smashed the glass and the frame is all scratched up from 20 years of moving, but I love the pic and I've displayed it for years unlike some others, Salvador Dali drawing for 'Christ of St. John of the Cross'

So, need new frame, @36x28, in a dark brown since the sketch is in a peach color, and glass. Originally, I framed it at a do it yourself place; if it means saving money, I'll do that again.

I'll say it once: If it's worth framing, it's worth framing it right.

That said, there are a lot of good frame shops around town that'll frame it on the cheaper side ( dont mean to say that in a bad way). I'll talk with my Dad tomorrow about some of the frame shops we recomend.

:beer::beer:

corsair23
03-24-2009, 11:55 PM
We use to use Michael's when they offered their 50% off sales (and even then they seemed high :confused:)...Not sure if there any Michael's stores left?

We've also gone to a place that I think is called You Frame It or Let's Frame It...They allowed you to do most/all of the work and you paid for materials. Mostly we spent the $$ on good UV protective glass and didn't worry so much about the frame itself.

nuclearlemon
03-25-2009, 06:54 AM
We've also gone to a place that I think is called You Frame It or Let's Frame It...They allowed you to do most/all of the work and you paid for materials. Mostly we spent the $$ on good UV protective glass and didn't worry so much about the frame itself.

that's the kind of deal i'm looking for.