PDA

View Full Version : F.E.A.T has been activated!!!

RockRunner
03-26-2009, 02:29 PM
I just got the call from dispatch for availability from 4-10 tonight and 6 am to ???

If you have signed up and want to help call dispatch at 720-865-7619 and let them know you can drive.

I am driving tonight from 4 till 10 pm.

subzali
03-26-2009, 02:33 PM
They said to only call them after 2, if they haven't called you by then.

I am getting all dressed up and getting the truck ready for the night! Woo hoo!

RockRunner
03-26-2009, 03:07 PM
I got called a few minutes before I posted this. that is why I posted. They are having problems contacting a lot of folks since they are stuck themselves.

I should be heading out around 4 when they call with the first pickup.

jacdaw
03-26-2009, 03:11 PM
Educate the newbie. What's F.E.A.T.?

I helped 3 neighbors get out of our neighborhood this morning, casually drove to Hole-in-One for a bagel, headed to Vic's in old towne for coffee and helped a lady and her kids and their minivan get out of a ditch. Boulder County S.O. was swamped this morning. Heh heh

A RAV4 almost wiped me out on SoBoRd stopping for a red light he didn't see soon enough. Craziness.

RockRunner
03-26-2009, 03:37 PM
Take a look at this website and sign up if you want.

http://www.hightrails.org/feat.html :thumb:

jacdaw
03-26-2009, 03:44 PM
Thanks! Looks like JeffCo doesn't do snow so Longmont is my best best. 287 was closed for a time between Lafayette and Longmont before Noon. So far BCARES has not been activated so I'm available. Snow seems to have stopped here. I've got 11" on the AC unit and 14" on the birdbath. Not quite enough I'm afraid.

Groucho
03-26-2009, 05:15 PM
I got the call around 12:30pm today as well. Was driving home from work in L-town.No calls as of yet.

bh4rnnr
03-26-2009, 05:18 PM
Was pondering if it was going to be activated today while taking the LightRail Home.

RockRunner
03-26-2009, 05:22 PM
They called me for somebody in Thornton, then she realized she dialed the wrong number;). So far nobody in our area is in need of a ride:(.

Sharon came home about 30 minutes agon, 2 hour drive :eek:from DTC to Roxborough. Her and a Sequoia were leading the pack :bowdown::D

If I get a call I will be ready to go, water and all.:thumb:

subzali
03-27-2009, 02:36 AM
I got a call for a girl in Parker who needed to be taken to St. Anthony's. She didn't realize it was a volunteer outfit, so was very grateful that guys like us are willing to do something like this. It was a very pleasant first assignment for me! :thumb:

Also had to pull a 2wd pickup out of a ditch with my winch tonight, Jacki was looking on from inside the cab and was very impressed! :D

nakman
03-27-2009, 09:08 AM
Nice, Matt! I got the email, but never got called.. maybe the north side didn't get hit as hard. I will say that on my way home at 5:30 yesterday the roads were pretty much empty, it was as if everyone went home early or something. :confused:

subzali
03-27-2009, 09:32 AM
Yea, um, if you went home after about 3 then you missed the afternoon commute. It was horrible starting about 12, luckily I got to stay home and missed pretty much all of it. And luckily I didn't get called until about 5 for FEAT; by then everybody was either home or stuck on the side of the road pretty much.

treerootCO
03-27-2009, 02:12 PM
No email or call but I confirmed I sent my info in to Gene... Maybe he doesn't know that the suede headliner was a joke to get a rise out of UB.

subzali
03-27-2009, 02:15 PM
It didn't seem like they were very busy - there were many people on the road last night with 2wd vehicles and it wasn't exactly like the city was shut down as in April 2003, December 2006, etc.

Inukshuk
03-27-2009, 04:02 PM
I got the e-mail but no call. Anyway I was in Vail. Driving up Thursday at 9AM was a mess till after Morrison. Between 470 and the Morrison exit there were cars stopped everywhere for lack of traction. It was a like slalom course going around them. Rather than get trapped behind cars (and so close to the Morrison exit) I 4-wheeled (very slowly) in the grass off past the shoulder and to the right of the stuck semis. I saw a few people look at me and smile.

Air Randy
03-27-2009, 07:37 PM
They called me for somebody in Thornton, then she realized she dialed the wrong number;). So far nobody in our area is in need of a ride:(.

Sharon came home about 30 minutes agon, 2 hour drive :eek:from DTC to Roxborough. Her and a Sequoia were leading the pack :bowdown::D

If I get a call I will be ready to go, water and all.:thumb:

Were you going to take the truck or the FJC? I could just see you hauling some pregnant lady to the hospital when the TPS decides to stop working..........:thumb:

RockRunner
03-27-2009, 09:38 PM
Got it working yesterday after they called. Still need to adjust it a little better but it is running pretty good right now. I got my GMC back and it did fine in all this junk, just in time too I don't think the G6 would have done as well.