PDA

View Full Version : new tailgaiting-car camping grill

Beater
03-28-2009, 03:19 PM
I just got once of these, and I am very impressed...

Just in time for moab, or in my case, tailgating the rapids!

http://www.cadacnorthamerica.com/cadac_grills.html

cbmontgo
03-28-2009, 03:23 PM
That is nice...

rover67
03-28-2009, 05:18 PM
a buddy of mine had one that we took on all of our canoe camping trips. It worked pretty well and did basically everything. pretty cool.

Beater
03-28-2009, 05:59 PM
rei, camping world, sears, home depot. Most online. I got the last one today at camping world.

Red_Chili
03-28-2009, 06:29 PM
I'd be interested to know if it gets hot enough to really sear a steak. The one with my popup does not, though it is very handy in shape and the way it fits on the side bracket of the camper.

The un-handy Weber portable, odd shaped, does a fantastic job even though hauling it is kind of a pain. Your unit solves the hauling-it issue, the heat would be the only other concern! Very flexible looking.

farnhamstj
03-28-2009, 09:59 PM
Looks great and I bet it'll be pretty usefull. I got a couple of these last year and am learing the ways of the Dutch oven.

farnhamstj
03-28-2009, 10:03 PM
You'll have to use it to cook some chicken wings for the Hot Wing contest thursday night at CM09.

Beater
03-28-2009, 11:31 PM
not going to moab this year... calvin's soccer schedule plus a looming strike at my work are nixing moab.

as for getting hot enough, yeah, it does. I used it tonight at the game. It has two ways to grill, the george foreman still, and a more traditional way. The more traditional is hotter, and smokes in the flavor more..

Jacket
03-29-2009, 09:37 AM
I've been looking for a no mess, no fire grilling option. The price is about $50 better than the other models I've seen.

Maybe I'm blind, but do you have the packed dimensions? What about cooking surface area?

Hulk
04-04-2009, 02:17 AM
Wow, Woot Sellout (http://shopping.yahoo.com/#woot) has these charcoal grills for $1.99 each today. I'm going to buy three of them for the RS meeting raffles. :)

Beater
04-04-2009, 08:25 AM
I've been looking for a no mess, no fire grilling option. The price is about $50 better than the other models I've seen.

Maybe I'm blind, but do you have the packed dimensions? What about cooking surface area?

I am sure I did, before I recycled all the paper... It's just the right size of grill.

Packed, it fits into a nifty carrying case (comes with) that has a side pocket for a 1lb cannister. About the size of a bowling bag. Maybe 10" deep, by 18" dia? with a flat bottom? It's about 16" in diameter, with close to a 14" diameter cooking surface. The lid/wok is huge volume wise. Maybe 6 qts?

It boiled 1 qt h2o in about 5.5 mins, at 5280 feet, no wind. The flame is completely shielded from wind. They have it set up at camping world if you want to check it out, and you are on the west side. Or, you can stop by if I'm home..

cbmontgo
04-04-2009, 01:14 PM
I am sure I did, before I recycled all the paper... It's just the right size of grill.

Packed, it fits into a nifty carrying case (comes with) that has a side pocket for a 1lb cannister. About the size of a bowling bag. Maybe 10" deep, by 18" dia? with a flat bottom? It's about 16" in diameter, with close to a 14" diameter cooking surface. The lid/wok is huge volume wise. Maybe 6 qts?

It boiled 1 qt h2o in about 5.5 mins, at 5280 feet, no wind. The flame is completely shielded from wind. They have it set up at camping world if you want to check it out, and you are on the west side. Or, you can stop by if I'm home..

Beater, I just bought one online today based on your recommendation. Can't wait to use it this summer!