PDA

View Full Version : friend needs help with 65 FJ40

timmbuck2
03-31-2009, 12:42 PM
A buddy picked up a 65 FJ40 and is storing it in my storage garage. It has a chevy straight 6 in it, and turns over but does not catch. I have not had a chance to take a look at it yet, but hope to do so this weekend. Anyone want to come join in the fun? Free beer, pizza, etc etc. :) And free storage if you have any big parts you want to warehouse with me. :thumb:

T

cbmontgo
03-31-2009, 02:52 PM
Hey Tim,

Let me know what time and I may try to make it. I've got the mother-in-law coming to town, but might be able to break away for a bit...

Art Volmer
03-31-2009, 04:19 PM
Tim I may have time this weekend as well. Do you know if it is electronic or points ignition system? Talk to you later Art

timmbuck2
03-31-2009, 04:21 PM
Points I am sure...looks like a very old chevy 6 :)

saturday or sunday afternoon is what I am thinking

Art Volmer
03-31-2009, 04:36 PM
I think I will have more time on Sat. If you want you can send a PM with the address and approximate time. Anyway back to class, Art

timmbuck2
05-16-2009, 10:13 AM
heading over to work on it today around 5. a great time to check out the garage space I am renting too. :)

yesterday I put some gas in the main tank and some gas down the carb. it would fire up but only when gas was in the carb. looking around underneath there are 2 inline fuel filters but I did not have time to see if gas was getting from the fuel tank. Probably will need to check the lines and filters. Really could use advice and help...and I will have beer. :) Thanks all...

T