PDA

View Full Version : Less than 4 weeks 'till baby REZARF arrives, your "to do" list suggestions?

Rezarf
03-31-2009, 08:11 PM
Title was super long and says most of it.

For those with kids, you have one month left before kids come into the picture. My bride is 8 months prego... what should we make sure to do before the little one gets here.

Our list includes as of right now:

Sleep in whenever possible.
Go out on dates.

Kind of a short list.

What say you old wise sage's?

Drew:thumb:

Uncle Ben
03-31-2009, 08:14 PM
Finish Cruiser.....go fishing.....go hunting.....go out with buddies.....go out.....escape the nest as many times as you can because the cell door is about to shut for a very long time!

Groucho
03-31-2009, 08:48 PM
Do anything to enjoy each other's company now. Your wifes company, that is. After a month, you and her will not get that for a while. Except I would say for the minute he or she is born, then for about an hour there is eternal bliss. REALLY enjoy that!!:thumb:

Chris
03-31-2009, 09:05 PM
Just enjoy the whole experience Drew, it's the best experience you'll have and your life will be richer every day.

(From grandfather of 4 - youngest 12 days old)

cbmontgo
03-31-2009, 09:17 PM
Just enjoy the whole experience Drew, it's the best experience you'll have and your life will be richer every day.

(From grandfather of 4 - youngest 12 days old)

Yep. Enjoy it...I have two (youngest is 17 months) and love every minute of it. Health is the most important thing for that kid...just pray for that.

Uncle Ben
03-31-2009, 09:22 PM
I would trade having kids for anything....I LOVE BEING A DAD! :thumb::thumb:

wesintl
03-31-2009, 09:26 PM
If you enjoy going out do it now. If you don't then don't worry about it. Spend a few quiet dinners together. It just takes a few months to get into a routine.

Heck, now that I look back I had tons of time with one. It's the 2 that are never taking naps at the same time, etc. 3, I dunno how it's done and never will. Kudos to you all!

Enjoy. Record the birth if you can. we didn't on the first and wish we did. The 2nd we did then it got rerecorded over by a family member. We kinda miss it. Things are so surreal it's nice to look back with things aren't flying by.

Hulk
03-31-2009, 09:37 PM
Do anything to enjoy each other's company now. Your wifes company, that is.

I completely agree with Groucho.

I took my wife for an expensive four-day weekend in Santa Fe when she was 8 months pregnant. Stayed in a posh hotel, ate a couple of high-end meals, wandered around some art galleries. It was a magical weekend, made all the more so in memories because it was the last time we were just a couple with no kids. (Even if you get a weekend away in the future, your wife will still be thinking about the kids.)

Don't worry about being prepared for the baby's arrival. You can buy everything you need at King Soopers on the way home from the hospital anyway. I'm not joking. Newborns need hardly anything. Diapers, a few "onesies," a couple of burp cloths, and momma's natural milk -- that's all you need for the first 8 weeks. We painted Maddie's bedroom one night as she slept in her crib.

Go out on weeknights and see movies, go out to dinner, etc. Do something spontaneous. Your opportunity for spontaneity is about to drop off a cliff.

Buy her a nice set of earrings or something to give her after the baby is born (the next day).

Mendocino
03-31-2009, 10:07 PM
Buy her a nice set of earrings or something to give her after the baby is born (the next day).:thumb:

I think this is really good advice. I would also add that whatever you can do to make her comfortable will be appreciated. At about 8 months my wife was in the "get this thing out of me phase" and comforting her swollen feet, aching back, distended belly and general lack of comfort was thoroughly appreciated.

As others have said spending some quality tome together will be appreciated after the baby arrives and your life will never be the same again.:D

Enjoy and raise your hand if you need anything.:)

Nay
04-01-2009, 10:35 AM
Get all of the baby gear you need now. No such thing as half pregnant :D

Enjoy and take care of :Princess:, it's an awesome time :thumb:

farnhamstj
04-01-2009, 10:50 AM
I went to Peru with some buddies and rented a motorcycle. Did some wheelies. Stayed up late partying. Lived like a Rock Star for six days. Wife poped about a week after I returned. I knew my rock star day's were about to be over.

Jacket
04-01-2009, 11:47 AM
I like the advice about spending the last few precious moments with Stacy - that part is definitely true, and will remain so for quite some time.

As for the life changes happening instantly when the baby comes - I don't really agree. Newborns sleep like 20 hours a day, they don't move, they don't eat regular food, and they cry when they're hungry. You might have an extra 2-3 months before things start getting difficult.
IIRC - my wife and I ate at Pete's Kitchen on the way home from the hospital with Ellen, and had a few more dates before she started "waking up." It's all good though - once you're "in it", you almost forget what it was like when you didn't have a kid.

Cheeseman
04-01-2009, 12:18 PM
This comment is out of respect for the great emotional moment you are soon to have. So take it wisely. Talk about the possibility of Cesarian birth beforehand. At the moment of decision is not the time. It is very hard on your psyche when all is not as the Lamaz classes teach you. I have been there.

Other than that the Earings thing and nice hotel/dinner/vacation thing is an excellent idea. Sleep........ highly overrated. You'll see. I was amazed at how much educational television was on from midnight til 7am. Both my sons clocks were backwords for awhile.

My sons were as big as I was when born. There aren't many women on this earth that can deliver babies just short of 10 lbs. So just talk about. I know where you get your guidance from. He'll help you. Always does.

Greg
________
Free Streaming Adult Movies (http://www.****tube.com/)

Rezarf
04-01-2009, 05:07 PM
Wow, thanks everyone. I was kind of expecting some razzin' but there is some great stuff here.

Matt- I really love the gift idea, hadn't thought of that. I just told her we are heading out to our Mexian joint for one of her favorite dinners!

Thanks again! :risingsun: