PDA

View Full Version : tire shop recommendations

thugmusk
04-02-2009, 08:28 AM
I passed emissions with the help of Tim's tires. Much obliged.

When the inspector (who was born and raised near me in Jersey) popped the hood for the visual inspection I had a moment of "aw crap" because I forgot to hide the Landtank MAF vacuum hose mod. So I engaged him in converstaion. He didn't notice it.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone can make a recommendation or if there is a preferred cruiser friendly vendor for tires around Denver?

Thanks for your help.

Rich Adams

timmbuck2
04-02-2009, 10:38 AM
Discount Tire is where I always go. The one near us on Hampden is pretty good. They also usually will match online prices.

Red_Chili
04-02-2009, 01:22 PM
Ditto Discount. The one on Broadway wouldn't touch vehicles with beadlocks (or even wheel adapters), the new one at Santa Fe and Belleview has no issues with them (but of course I do the install once they pop the back bead on).

VERY good customer service.

timmbuck2
04-02-2009, 04:00 PM
http://forum.ih8mud.com/sale-tires-wheels/276246-mickey-thompson-mtz-305-70-16-5-tires-colo.html
good looking 33's...

LARGEONE
04-02-2009, 04:31 PM
I just bought 5-33" Mickey Thompson MTZs at Discount Tire in Longmont and they matched an internet sale price of $195 per tire. It allowed me to get the full replacement warranty for a price less than every other place was charging for just the tire. I would definitely recommend them.

Just make sure you take the ad in with you, because they pulled up the web site while I was standing there to check the price.

Crash
04-02-2009, 05:28 PM
Not what you are looking for but I had to mention it. Took five Swampers on the Rock Crawler rims that I'm selling to Art Hog to have them broken down at El Colorado Tire on Sheridan Blvd at W 24th Ave yesterday. Asked the guy who spoke good english what it would cost and he said "six bucks". I stupidly asked "Each?" and he said "No" so I said "Sold". Gonna have them install the Swampers on some aluminum rims tomorrow. I'm hoping he'll take the almost worn out BFG ATs currently on the aluminum rims in trade for the labor. :thumb: