PDA

View Full Version : Lucas Oil products...

Rezarf
04-02-2009, 12:17 PM
Anyone else out there run Lucas Oil products in their rigs?

The little gear oil demo that they used to have convienced me to buy some for the 40 a long time ago and I have run it since.

Then I had a small Power Steering leak at the input shaft of the gear box... :mad: added one little bottle of Lucas' Oil PS stop leak and the thing hasn't lost a drop since.

I used to think most additives were a little bit of truth with a lot of hype, but man, I really like the Lucas stuff.

Any other's, comments?

Discuss... :thumb:

subzali
04-02-2009, 12:26 PM
i've started using their fuel injection cleaner per some suggestions in another thread, so far it hasn't seemed to hurt anything, though the benefits are a little intangible as well...

cbmontgo
04-02-2009, 12:29 PM
I have always heard great things about their products.

Beater
04-02-2009, 02:10 PM
I have some affiliation - i thought it was snake oil, then got to know the lucas folks a bit.. NOT snake oil.

Red_Chili
04-02-2009, 02:27 PM
BITOG reports foaming in gear applications, resulting in reduced lubrication, IIRC. The gear demo thing is nothing like the real thing.

Corbet
04-02-2009, 04:47 PM
I've used the power steering additive with good luck but I would not call it a valid solution over a proper repair.

Rezarf
04-02-2009, 04:59 PM
I've used the power steering additive with good luck but I would not call it a valid solution over a proper repair.

hmmm... I do! :D