PDA

View Full Version : Car trailer needed

Mendocino
04-04-2009, 01:16 PM
I would really like to trailer my 40 to CM 09 behind my F250 Super Duty. My problem is I don't have a trailer. If anyone has a trailer I could borrow/rent/trade/? for CM 09 I would appreciate it. :)

Rezarf
04-04-2009, 04:39 PM
You could try to strap your 40 onto my camping trailer ;)

Just kidding... hope you can find something, I know last year was disappointing for you to not get out there.

Here's to hoping you enjoy warm red rocks! :cheers:

farnhamstj
04-06-2009, 10:35 PM
I have a tow bar you're welcome to borrow. It would mean flat towing the 40. I've got magnetic lights that just stick to the 40 and plug in the the 250 trailer harness. Definately do a test run before you go. Caster/camber on the 40's got to be good for it to track straight. Also involves drilling a couple holes in the front bumper. I could get Brent to bring it down to Denver this week if you like.

Mendocino
04-07-2009, 06:35 AM
I have a tow bar you're welcome to borrow. It would mean flat towing the 40. I've got magnetic lights that just stick to the 40 and plug in the the 250 trailer harness. Definately do a test run before you go. Caster/camber on the 40's got to be good for it to track straight. Also involves drilling a couple holes in the front bumper. I could get Brent to bring it down to Denver this week if you like.

Thanks.:) I have a tow bar, but my success with flat towing 40s has been limited. I would really prefer the car trailer. If I don't have any success with finding a car trailer to use in the next week I will see about attaching the tow bar and giving it a try.

Mendocino
04-13-2009, 11:47 AM
BTT...

There must be someone that can loan me a trailer that isn't using it for CM09...:)

MDH33
04-13-2009, 12:46 PM
Why can't you drive your 40?

Mendocino
04-13-2009, 02:41 PM
Why can't you drive your 40?

I'm taking the entire family: Wife and three kids and driving two vehicles is PITA. I also don't fully trust the thing-yet (numerous long stories ommitted).

corsair23
04-13-2009, 05:47 PM
Hmmm...

Brian's '97 FZJ80 needs to be driven out and back to Moab :D

Not sure how he'd feel about you flat towing your 40 behind it but hey, room for the whole family :thumb: - But I'm guessing you need two cars once you get out there?

Sorry, no help on the trailer though :(

Mendocino
04-13-2009, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the thought Jeff.:) We'll be puling the trailer with the 40 on it (if I find one) with an F250 Crew Cab diesel.
I do need two cars when I get there.

Hmmm...

Brian's '97 FZJ80 needs to be driven out and back to Moab :D

Not sure how he'd feel about you flat towing your 40 behind it but hey, room for the whole family :thumb: - But I'm guessing you need two cars once you get out there?

Sorry, no help on the trailer though :(