PDA

View Full Version : Must be me...

subzali
03-10-2006, 11:57 AM
top and ever'thin' came off Saturday evening, and I thought, it's been so nice for such a long time I can get away with just the bikini top for a week right? They said it was SUPPOSED to snow Wednesday, but they've said that a couple of times in the last couple of months and we got nothing here in Golden. Well Sunday Monday and Tuesday looked good, but then I tempted fate some more and got my new Chacos in. Well sho' nuff it snowed just to spite me. I guess if I had left well enough alone and just had the bikini top I would've been alright, but I had to push the envelope you know? :rolleyes:

Anyway been driving the past two days with Gore-Tex pants on, down or softshell jacket. I thought, "even if it DOES snow, the hard doors and the bikini top will protect it good enough..." well turns out if I park on the street facing the correct legal direction the wind blows from behind the truck...so I get what's in the pic - snow on seats, on dash, in bed... Anyway, just thought it was funny/ironic/part of owning a 40! :hill: :fing:

PS I should've gotten a pic on Wednesday...I had about 3 inches on EVERYTHING (the seats had about 1.5 inches apiece) :rant:

Rzeppa
03-10-2006, 12:53 PM
Try a tarp when you're parked. Cheap and effective.

Magoo
03-10-2006, 01:14 PM
thats how drive my 40 year round.rain,snow,sub-zero temps.dont matter.welcome to the polar club:).or as wes would say.Canuckian Club
shawn

treerootCO
03-10-2006, 01:16 PM
wait...what? :confused:

you call that snow? :D

Magoo
03-10-2006, 01:35 PM
geez i just cant seem to figure out why that cruiser had so much rust on it.

treerootCO
03-10-2006, 01:50 PM
I had the bikini on it ;)

Magoo
03-10-2006, 01:57 PM
surprised it didnt cave under the weight.

Magoo
03-10-2006, 02:00 PM
speakin of the water on bikini tops!!!
FYI dont stand around mikes rig after a rain storm if hes got a bikini on his rig.
and definately dont stand around iges either.dont take my advice and figure out why.

Rezarf
03-10-2006, 02:53 PM
and I thought getting caught in a rain shower in Florida growing up was bad!

:lmao:

Drew

wesintl
03-10-2006, 02:59 PM
You're a wuss, I bet back in the day I bet :kevin: didn't even have doors or a bikini top :hill: and he wore wool before there was gotex :lmao:

subzali
03-10-2006, 04:10 PM
Okay Mike you win. There was a little bit more snow on Wednesday, that's why I said I should've taken a picture then, but you still win. And I would've used the tarp I have for just this purpose but I forgot it at my parents' house. yeah I'm a wuss :flamingo:

El Flaco
03-10-2006, 04:50 PM
Dude dont sweat it...I finally gave up on second guessing the weather in CO. Top stays on until CM. Some people think its hardcore to freeze your arse off, but Toyota makes a darn fine heater...and there 'aint no shame in using it!(in conjunction with a hard top that is) BTW, nice pic Mike. :fing: :cool:

Uncle Ben
03-10-2006, 04:53 PM
You're a wuss, I bet back in the day I bet :kevin: didn't even have doors or a bikini top :hill: and he wore wool before there was gotex :lmao:

Early on I did have a full soft top on Wild Rice. That lasted until about the first set of real Swampers. From that point on WR became a trailer queen so the soft top never went back on. WR has been clad with a bikini and half doors nearly all of it's hard core life in all seasons! http://www.netshrine.com/vbulletin2/images/smilies/eviltongue.gif :cheers:

wesintl
03-10-2006, 05:01 PM
http://www.netshrine.com/vbulletin2/images/smilies/eviltongue.gif

http://www.netshrine.com/vbulletin2/images/smilies/peepwall.gif

Hulk
03-10-2006, 05:17 PM
I used to put the soft top on in April and the hard top in early October. When the 40 stopped being a daily driver, it because a soft top vehicle year-round. It's mostly bikini top in the summer. I'd like to buy some of those TLC Icon hard half doors with the soft top uppers -- that would be the best of all possible solutions.