PDA

View Full Version : i have a question please

SROR/AKA 2BAD
04-04-2009, 10:54 PM
how come some TLCA clubs post go to mud.

i see only a few that do.
rising sun does not.

no biggie, just wondering.

thanks

Shark Bait
04-04-2009, 11:11 PM
Hey Jim. Some, like Rising Sun, have their own forums. Those that do not go to MUD. HTH :D

SROR/AKA 2BAD
04-05-2009, 09:56 AM
hmm, thats cool. i figured a club might have a choice about that.

thanks
chris

Hulk
04-06-2009, 01:46 PM
Woody offers it to clubs for free. However, most of the bigger clubs have their own domain name and their own forum.

It's easier to be "found" by prospective members if you have your own web site, rather than being a small corner of something much bigger. For example, RS would be tiny compared to ih8mud. However, on its own, the RS forum seems pretty dang busy and vital. And it's easy for new local guys to come join the discussion.

Man Jerk
04-06-2009, 02:33 PM
Our club has it's own website, but we did not find it necessary to have our own forum. We don't have a lot of members that use the internet much at all so it doesn't merit the maintenance it takes. You can go to our website and click on Forum, and it'll just take you to our clubs section on ih8mud.

Basically the same thing. Woody will customize it however we want, and we even have a private section that ya'll can't see.

Bikeman
04-06-2009, 02:55 PM
IH8 all the bad unrelated banner ads and advertising that this forum is free of:cool:. My computer appreciates this.

Hulk
04-06-2009, 03:18 PM
Yeah, I keep getting inquiries from advertisers that want to put a bunch of ads on our web site. I think they are legit and we would make some money, but making ad money isn't really our goal here.

farnhamstj
04-06-2009, 07:54 PM
Yeah, I keep getting inquiries from advertisers that want to put a bunch of ads on our web site. I think they are legit and we would make some money, but making ad money isn't really our goal here.

Thanks for this.

I like that we(I) know most of the people on our forum. We are respectful of each other's opinions and share useful info without flaming each other. When we do tease, we know when it's just a joke.
MUD can be very helpful and a great resouce. But on this site I feel like I'm sitting at OTB or Hops talking over a cold one. None of us say anything that we wouldn't say to each other's face. :thumb:

Shark Bait
04-06-2009, 07:57 PM

Ooh. Please send them my way. :D

Romer
04-06-2009, 08:08 PM

Yup, last one I got was someone who wanted to place an ad for cheap auto insurance. We don't need no stinking ads :)

isotel
04-08-2009, 03:58 PM
For CLC we just decided it easier to only have one log in, and not have to deal with maintenance and those sort of issues.

when MUD goes down i Kick Back and check out Pirate or here for a while and wait for Woody to fix it :thumb:

Hulk
04-08-2009, 04:11 PM
For CLC we just decided it easier to only have one log in, and not have to deal with maintenance and those sort of issues.

when MUD goes down i Kick Back and check out Pirate or here for a while and wait for Woody to fix it :thumb:

Nothing wrong with that at all. Heck, even TLCA chose to do the same thing.