PDA

View Full Version : Club Workshop

Jacket
04-06-2009, 11:37 AM
A friend at work forwarded me this link. I think it's a great idea, and something useful and worthy of our support.

Club Workshop (http://www.clubworkshop.com/)

Do you create? Are you an inventor? Do you build things? Do you work on your own car?

If you are any of the above than you've got to check out Club Workshop!
Denver’s first open access workshop club, featuring equipment, facilities and training for a wide variety of personal projects and interests; from automotive to electronics, inventing to prototyping, woodworking to metalworking, we are your workshop.
Our 16,000 square foot facility contains the equipment you need for to complete all your projects! Including:

A well equipped machine shop
Rapid prototyping machines
Laser engraver and cutter
Large format printing & vinyl cutting
Auto bays
Tools
Project storage
Woodwork shop
Paint and powder coat booth (coming in the spring of 2009)
Metal shop including welding equipment
Computer lab complete with CAD program
Resource library
Embroidery and Sewing Machines

Need training? We've got you covered! Check out our class schedule; prep classes will help keep you safe on the equipment or more advanced classes to really Empower your inner Creator!

Tch2fly
04-06-2009, 12:00 PM
:thumb:WOW:thumb:

This is perfect for somebody like me that has small metalworking projects in mind but none of the tools. I'm going to drop by and take a look:D

Mendocino
04-06-2009, 12:01 PM
This is very cool!:thumb:

Mendocino
06-27-2010, 09:35 PM
I went down to Club Workshop today with the family to check it out. This is a really cool concept and I think many in the club would benefit from it. the Club works a bit like a gym. You pay for either a punch card for a fixed number of uses over some period of time or pay monthly. The classes (machining, welding, laser engraving, etc) are very reasonable at $45 for non-members. They have a fairly reasonable auto shop with a lift, media blaster, large, "automated" parts washer, engine hoists and stands tire machine, spin balancer, etc.

:thumb::thumb:

Dr. Schlegs
06-27-2010, 10:15 PM
WOW that is great. I might just have to go down there to play with the tire balancer and relive my undergrad days.

RockRunner
06-28-2010, 09:46 AM
Nice find,
question though, with one bay do you have a time limit or is it first come first served?

The classes sounds great, I may want to check some out.

Great find!!

Mendocino
06-28-2010, 10:41 AM
Nice find,
question though, with one bay do you have a time limit or is it first come first served?

The classes sounds great, I may want to check some out.

Great find!!

There is a lot of indoor room in the auto shop, but it only has one lift. There is a sign up sheet for the lift and they have a daily charge for the lift. I *think* the lift charge was $10 a day, but I really don't remember.

TIMZTOY
06-28-2010, 12:07 PM
Sweet. I could use the mediablasting. And powered coating. That's about it. And possibly the embroidery for the RS logo on my jacket.