PDA

View Full Version : '85 4Runner Rear Drive Shaft Needed

85Toy
04-06-2009, 08:37 PM
I had a catastophic incident occur yesterday, u-joint gave out, driveshaft cut loose at 70 mph, shock transferred through and cracked my engine block. Had to tow it home from Arizona...Joe over at CTS gave me the bad news...made me sick to my stomach. Anyway, I need to source a new drive shaft. Let me know if you have something that might work. Thanks.

Red_Chili
04-07-2009, 06:54 AM
Jim's Used Toyota Truck Parts can help you out.

I know where you can get a turbo motor/tranny/tcase to upgrade that sucker, too... :cool: :rolleyes: :lmao:

85Toy
04-07-2009, 04:32 PM
If you are referring to a 22-RE Turbo, I have heard a lot of bad stories about them. If you are referring to a 7mgte...now you are talking! Maybe I can just pull the W-58 and 5mgte out of my '82 Supra and i will be all set...:rolleyes:

Thanks for the contact, I will check with them. I have to get the measurement on the old driveshaft...I am thinking it may be a little longer than stock.

Uncle Ben
04-07-2009, 06:35 PM
I had a catastophic incident occur yesterday, u-joint gave out, driveshaft cut loose at 70 mph, shock transferred through and cracked my engine block. Had to tow it home from Arizona...Joe over at CTS gave me the bad news...made me sick to my stomach. Anyway, I need to source a new drive shaft. Let me know if you have something that might work. Thanks.

Yota Yard has tons of themand since you are with RS you can get one cheap!

85Toy
04-08-2009, 04:47 PM
Thanks, I picked up a driveshaft and a starter out of an '86 4Runner for $15 each. Figured I couldn't pass them up at that price.