PDA

View Full Version : Mid-week-wheeling China Wall

MDH33
04-07-2009, 08:22 AM
Tomorrow Wednesday April 8 - China Wall

I feel like getting the 40 out and running a couple of trails. I've never run China Wall before, so I'm going to head down there tomorrow and explore. If anyone wants to check it out, let me know. It's supposed to be a beautiful day, hopefully the rest of the snow should be gone.

I'll be at the Staples parking lot in Conifer at 9:00.

:thumb:

MDH33
04-07-2009, 01:19 PM
So, I looked over some maps and I think I'm going to try to make a loop out of this. Heading down 285 to Jefferson, then down 77 past Tarryall Resevoir to China Wall, then back on the Goose Creek road towards Cheeseman Reservoir/Pine, then back up 126 to 285. The loop basically circles the Lost Creek Wilderness. Should be a nice scenic drive.

MountainGoat
04-07-2009, 05:23 PM
Oh man Martin I am so tempted. I need to get out so badly. Is anyone else going as of yet?

Hulk
04-07-2009, 06:22 PM
China Wall ≠ Old Chinaman's?

AxleIke
04-07-2009, 07:19 PM
No.

China Wall (http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=61)

I've never been either. It looks fun!

MDH33
04-07-2009, 07:19 PM
China Wall (http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=61)

Ike beat me to it.

Play hookie Dan! :D

AxleIke
04-07-2009, 07:20 PM
Beat you to it! LOL :D

jacdaw
04-07-2009, 07:20 PM
Damn, I'm such a geographically-induced newbie. All these trails with exotic-sounding names to the guy who retired here from the Sierra not long ago. Is there a good on-line or print reference for the local trails so when I see an announcement like this I can determine in short order whether or not my truck is up to it? I don't want to be the guy in the back of the room for the first year, always asking the same questions. And maybe it's just a matter of requesting a co-dog seat until I get familiar...

[edit] Doh! as I'm posting this, simultaneous links get posted!:risingsun [edit]

MountainGoat
04-07-2009, 07:35 PM
Okay Martin. I am in. I'm bringing the 80 cuz I haven't figured out how to wire the Latte machine into the 40 yet. ;) See you at Staples at 9am!

John, I am sure your hilux will do fine on the trail based on the description. However, if you would prefer you can ride with me. I will be solo in my 80 so there'll be PLENTY of room! :thumb:

MDH33
04-07-2009, 08:06 PM
Awesome Dan, see you tomorrow! :cool: I think your 40 would do fine, but if you Must have the latte... at least share.

John, I think your Hilux will be fine. I was thinking of driving mine, but my TC is still iffy. There are bypasses for 'most' of the obstacles if needed.

Anyone else want to check out this trail?

bh4rnnr
04-07-2009, 09:49 PM
Martin, you do know that this is to be done on a Tuesday:confused:.

Just dont want to get Root and UB mad ya know:hill::bowdown::cheers:

MDH33
04-07-2009, 11:35 PM
Martin, you do know that this is to be done on a Tuesday:confused:.

Just dont want to get Root and UB mad ya know:hill::bowdown::cheers:

I'm sure they won't mind that I'm heading to the hills on a Wednesday as long as I ST. FUAW. :headbang:

jacdaw
04-08-2009, 12:06 AM
Thanks, I'll remember that China-something-or-other is 80lolux rated (I'm about ready to do a quick disconnect rear bumper for just such emergencies). Tomorrow is too short of a notice this time. But I am capable of spontaneous departures.

Take pix, the sky will be BLUUUUUUUE and begging for proof you were under it.

Awesome Dan, see you tomorrow! :cool: I think your 40 would do fine, but if you Must have the latte... at least share.

John, I think your Hilux will be fine. I was thinking of driving mine, but my TC is still iffy. There are bypasses for 'most' of the obstacles if needed.

Anyone else want to check out this trail?

RicardoJM
04-08-2009, 07:53 AM
Martin and Dan, you guys have a good time today. The weather looks like it is going to be real sweet for your run.