PDA

View Full Version : I'll never be as old as my brother....

nakman
04-07-2009, 09:51 AM
at the same time, at least :D but dang Matt, you're like, old. :bolt:

:party: :woot: :beer2:

Uncle Ben
04-07-2009, 10:04 AM
Matt.......Matt who? Happy birthday stranger!

corsair23
04-07-2009, 11:33 AM
Happy birthday Matt!

Never met you but if you're anything like your brother, then you can't be all that bad :hill:

Albeit old...:lmao:

:beer: & :cheers:

wesintl
04-07-2009, 11:47 AM
Old and cool. :woot:

Maddmatt
04-07-2009, 12:05 PM
Thanks guys. 40 feels a lot like 30, except I need more advil to face the day.

Celebrated by going up to A-Basin on Saturday and pushing some snow around. Nakman - the snow was horrible, everybody was mean and my fingers got cold. Now close your eyes.

Everybody else (Nakman got his clearance revoked at the last minute) - nothing like knee deep plus turns in fluffy "are you sure this is April" snow to make you feel young again. I'll put a picture up later if I remember.

But thanks for the good wishes - I got two presents -1) started a new job today, I'm now a Digital Analyst for CP+B (we make the creepy Burger King ads, among many others) and 2) my mother in law comes to stay for a week, starting today. Boy, your acceptance of what constitutes a gift sure changes as you age.

But I'm psyched to close the books on 8 months of unemployment - we kept our home and the kids are healthy, lots of people in this country (and world) can't say the same. It's count your blessings and move on time.

Next goal, my mighty 4runner is only 1800 miles from turning the big 200k - might turn right around BOWAGW day, so maybe I'll actually get out this summer!
-Matt

-edit - Here's a couple photos. Nakman, seriously, don't look. The first gives you an idea of the conditions, this was right before we started the hike up to the top of the "new" (since I was there anyway) bowl on the back of Abasin. Your first turns of the day should always have a sign telling you to turn back. The second is just my proof that old, fat guys can still put a couple turns down on Pali face.

AxleIke
04-07-2009, 01:19 PM
Happy Birthday!

Hulk
04-07-2009, 05:01 PM
Happy birthday and congrats on the job. Crispin Porter + Bogusky is a hot place to work. I should come up and visit you sometime.

kvanoort
04-07-2009, 07:57 PM
Hey Matt, Happy Birthday! I just got a year older yesterday. Congratulations on the CP+B gig. Good to hear that worked out for you. Please keep an ear to the ground there for me.

Maddmatt
04-08-2009, 11:53 AM
Hulk - let me know I'll be happy to give you the tour. I can say that all of the rumours about this place are true, it's exciting, vibrant, creative, lots of dogs running around, a guy just rode by my desk on a big wheel, free breakfast, etc... Also, the expectation is 80 hours per week, people take a lot of pride in their "consecutive days without going home" records.

Kent - I'll keep my ears open - even after 6 months I haven't figured out how the process works for new jobs, which makes sense in an agency that prides itself on having no processes.
-Matt

60wag
04-08-2009, 12:35 PM
Happy birthday and congrats on the job. Crispin Porter + Bogusky is a hot place to work. I should come up and visit you sometime.

I'm right down the street at Covidien. We could start the NSTLC, (North Side ? Lunch Club) - what does the "T" stand for anyhow?

Uncle Ben
04-08-2009, 12:46 PM
i'm Right Down The Street At Covidien. We Could Start The Nstlc, (north Side ? Lunch Club) - What Does The "t" Stand For Anyhow?

T O Y O T A ! ;) Call it! :lol:

Maddmatt
04-08-2009, 01:16 PM
I'm right down the street at Covidien. We could start the NSTLC, (North Side ? Lunch Club) - what does the "T" stand for anyhow?

Good Idea!

Hulk
04-08-2009, 04:08 PM
Hulk - let me know I'll be happy to give you the tour. I can say that all of the rumours about this place are true, it's exciting, vibrant, creative, lots of dogs running around, a guy just rode by my desk on a big wheel, free breakfast, etc... Also, the expectation is 80 hours per week, people take a lot of pride in their "consecutive days without going home" records.

-Matt

Yikes! There's a reason I'm "the client" now rather than the agency guy. I may work some late nights, but I can usually VPN in from home when this is needed.