PDA

View Full Version : Book Discussion: "Financial Peace" by Dave Ramsey

subzali
04-09-2009, 01:25 PM
Seems time-appropriate since he's coming to town on April 18!

Anyone else read this book? I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to putting into practice a lot of the principles/methods he puts forward in it (those which I am not already doing). I don't agree with him on everything (his haggling stories seem a little over the top to me in some cases), but I would recommend this book to anybody!

Uncle Ben
04-09-2009, 03:25 PM
Seems time-appropriate since he's coming to town on April 18!

Anyone else read this book? I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to putting into practice a lot of the principles/methods he puts forward in it (those which I am not already doing). I don't agree with him on everything (his haggling stories seem a little over the top to me in some cases), but I would recommend this book to anybody!

Ramsey is a quack but his seminar is worth attending! Lori and I attended last year and he is funny and a lot of his rants align with our own! His "never pay retail" approach is silly but the overall message he is convening is good! He will leave strategies and ideas with you that will definatly be assets in your future!

Rezarf
04-11-2009, 09:51 AM
I am reading Total Money Makeover right now. Great book, I have a buddy who just paid off $27,000 of debt in two years and he only makes a little over 30k!

That convinced me to check it out even though we are debt free other than our mortgage.

Drew

Mendocino
04-11-2009, 10:04 AM
...even though we are debt free other than our mortgage.

Drew

I guess that makes me "debt free" too.:rolleyes:

Bikeman
04-11-2009, 10:49 AM
My wife and I went through his "video" classes at her church for like 8-10 weeks. He has great ideas, and pumps you up for awhile. It is extremely hard to continually practice his principles (discipline) in the real world, though. Unless you are single, it is hard for a couple to be "aligned" to make it work.

It is imparative (sp) that at a young age and still single to strive to maintain low or no debt and keep it that way, and to make sure that you and the person you marry are on the same frequency.

Man Jerk
04-11-2009, 11:58 AM
My wife and I are big believers in Dave's plan. It is extremely hard to use his practices, but what is important is that if you fall off the horse, you get right back on.