PDA

View Full Version : 37" Trxus Are On

Nay
04-11-2009, 09:44 PM
Had a set of 37" Trxus MT's mounted up today. Interco puts a big sticker on the tire stating to inflate to 65 PSI for balancing, they are taking the usual lots of weight but are running as smooth as the old 35" Trxus did @ 75 mph and spinning very nicely with my 5.29's.

Here's a couple of teaser pics :beer:

wesintl
04-11-2009, 10:48 PM
looks good... Are they going to rub?

Uncle Ben
04-11-2009, 10:51 PM
I'm going back to Trxus too! That looks awesome Nay!!!!!! Not much room in the fenderwell though with true 37's!

Nay
04-11-2009, 11:51 PM
looks good... Are they going to rub?

With no wheel spacers the rear tires will rub the frame at full stuff for certain. The tires to fender are 5.5" straight compression and axle to bumpstop is 5" (2" bumpstop drops), so that should be good. Full stuff under articulation is going to be tight, but given I had over an inch in all directions with 35's they should fit except for the frame rubbing.

Of course, I won't know until I get them fully stuffed. My rear LCA's are 3/8" lengthened over stock to correct pinion angle, and that seems to keep the tire perfectly centered with the bumpstop drop, but we'll see. I'll post some fully stuffed pics once I can get it flexed up.

Nay
04-11-2009, 11:54 PM
I'm going back to Trxus too! That looks awesome Nay!!!!!! Not much room in the fenderwell though with true 37's!

Go 37's :D

They fill up the wells big time. I am probably pretty close the min lift without more fender trimming to run 37's with a hub to fender measurement of 24" (no flares, obviously).

I'm curious to see if this will work without any additional bumpstop drop.

jacdaw
04-12-2009, 12:14 AM
Not only do these tires look great, that is a truly awesome color on an 80. I've never seen pix of your truck before. Love it! :thumb:

corsair23
04-12-2009, 12:47 AM
Those are some BIG tires Dave :thumb:

Looks great!

Nay
04-12-2009, 01:12 AM
Not only do these tires look great, that is a truly awesome color on an 80. I've never seen pix of your truck before. Love it! :thumb:

Thank you, that's my Durabak project from last Fall. If you searched "Holy Guacamole" you'd probably find the thread :thumb:

Nay
04-12-2009, 01:13 AM
Those are some BIG tires Dave :thumb:

Looks great!

There are huge :D

I'll shoot you a PM on getting together on the Toyos tomorrow.

Uncle Ben
04-12-2009, 01:21 AM
Go 37's :D

They fill up the wells big time. I am probably pretty close the min lift without more fender trimming to run 37's with a hub to fender measurement of 24" (no flares, obviously).

I'm curious to see if this will work without any additional bumpstop drop.

I need no more lift or tire hight for what I need my 80 to do! Rubicon tested and approved!;) :D :bowdown::kevin:

jacdaw
04-12-2009, 01:25 AM
Thank you, that's my Durabak project from last Fall. If you searched "Holy Guacamole" you'd probably find the thread :thumb:
Found it (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=7963), thanks..off to read.

Beater
04-12-2009, 09:20 AM
you'll need he-man for that one on the roof... dahmik - I gave up putting them up there at 33's... lol

Bikeman
04-12-2009, 02:24 PM
Looks great. Sure they will perform better.

What is the height measurement weighted on the vehicle?

Nay
04-12-2009, 05:19 PM
Looks great. Sure they will perform better.

What is the height measurement weighted on the vehicle?

36" at 33 PSI using a 48" level.

isotel
04-14-2009, 06:07 PM
Cant Fit that Spare in the Back like the old Setup? ;)

That's a lot of Weight up on the Roof

Nay
04-14-2009, 07:02 PM

I only had the spare in the back for awhile, and then I got sick of not being able to see out. So I've had the 35 up on the roof for a long time, and a 37 will be 3 lbs more, although I don't have a spare yet as I'm looking for a used one :hill:

I've had a spare on the rack for years dating back to my old 7" lifted Cherokee, and I've really never felt any difference offroad. It eats up the roof rack space though....

Bikeman
04-15-2009, 04:10 PM

I personally think on the roof is better in the case of an improved departure angle.

The "rock crawler" style tube bumpers that Nay and I have do lack the ability to carry a spare on the outside back, but since we trimmed 4" + frame material off, we have basically a departure angle of an 8"-10" lifted 80-series posessing an aftermarket-style rear bumper with a swing-away tire carrier.

Nay
04-15-2009, 05:04 PM
I personally think on the roof is better in the case of an improved departure angle.

The "rock crawler" style tube bumpers that Nay and I have do lack the ability to carry a spare on the outside back, but since we trimmed 4" + frame material off, we have basically a departure angle of an 8"-10" lifted 80-series posessing an aftermarket-style rear bumper with a swing-away tire carrier.

That's right :thumb:

Some more pics. I may need about an inch of trimming to the rear of the rear wheel (just a sheet metal lip) for rear stuff if I am going to keep only 2" bumpstop drops.

Need to stuff it.

Nay
04-17-2009, 01:07 AM
These babies are riding nicer than the last set of 35" Trxus I had. Totally smooth. Interco states to inflate to 65 PSI to balance - I left them at the high PSI for one day and put it up on jackstands having heard others having success with similar tactics.

I notice no difference in braking or handling or acceleration having gone up to 37's. She is tracking perfectly with no extra driving effort, and the ride around town @ 33 PSI is awesome.

Should have done this a long time ago :thumb: