PDA

View Full Version : Trail Runs Before CM

The Czar and Roc Dog
04-15-2009, 06:36 PM
Since it's a long drive from PDX Tony and I decided to get to Moab A.S.A.P
We should be in town Saturday night and be ready to go out on Sunday for some exploring.

Is any one else planning to hit the trails anytime Sunday Monday or Tuesday? If so we would love to join up with ya.

Will be at Slickrock Campground #27

Larry

Romer
04-15-2009, 07:27 PM
Its kind of adhoc

We get together in the campground and decide where to go right before we do it.

I'll be ther Sunday afternoon and we will hit some trails Monday and Tuesday

timmbuck2
04-15-2009, 10:38 PM
Romer, you going to monitor 146.460? I am camping up near metal masher...will be there early as well...

RockRunner
04-15-2009, 10:51 PM
I could do Tuesday, shoud be there early enough.

Hulk
04-16-2009, 02:38 AM
I'm planning to pull in sometime on Sunday. The Monday run is legendary. Be there, if you care.

Hants
04-16-2009, 12:22 PM
I'm planning to pull in sometime on Sunday. The Monday run is legendary. Be there, if you care.

We have a Cabin from Sunday night. We were planning to drive out on Monday.... Have to reconsider now, sounds like it is worth it to sleep on their bed another night. :)

Red_Chili
04-16-2009, 12:26 PM
It's worth it to drive out Saturday. The last night of the hot rod show is not to be missed. Show up early for a good seat at one of the Main Street outdoor dining establishments (aka Pasta Jay's).

Rock Dog
04-17-2009, 11:32 PM
I hope to make the monday run.. The early Ad Hoc runs are always my favorite :D

farnhamstj
04-18-2009, 10:01 AM
I hope to run Moab Rim on Wed before the event. Any interest? What's the legendary Monday run?

Romer
04-18-2009, 10:09 AM
What's the legendary Monday run?

Its what ever you decide to run on Monday :D

farnhamstj
04-18-2009, 07:50 PM
Its what ever you decide to run on Monday :D

I think I've done that one before. It's pretty good provided the weather is cooperative :thumb:

IBCRUSN
04-18-2009, 11:04 PM
I hope to run Moab Rim on Wed before the event. Any interest? What's the legendary Monday run?

We'll be out that way by Sunday afternoon. We might be interested in running Moab Rim on Wednesday.

To all others:

When/Where do you meet up on Monday morning for the pre-runs?

rover67
04-18-2009, 11:33 PM
as far as I can tell, I am planning on bein in Moab on Monday. I may play around on the MTB in fruita saturday and drive in to Moab for sunday for another MTB run. Maybe be ready to give my legs a rest by Monday adn see what other folks are up to.

Nay
04-19-2009, 05:01 PM
I can't make CM09 due to a work schedule I have known about for several months, but I am still doing my birthday in Moab Sun-Wed. Seems a bit silly to be there right before CM09, but it is what it is.

This is going to be mostly a non-wheeling vacation hiking/sight-seeing with the family, but I am really hoping to spend a day on Elephant Hill on Tuesday to hike up the Joint Trail and then out to the Confluence.

Any family oriented interest in such a pre-run outing? I know a lot of people don't do E-Hill in the middle of CM because it's a really long day if you are wheeling first thing the next morning. I love the Needles District and want to spend some time down that way, but not on a solo run with :Princess: and four kiddos. :hill:

Rock Dog
04-20-2009, 07:04 PM
There is an interesting back road (i believe is off looking glass road) that takes you into the needles overlook. it goes by several groups of homes that are basically doors on caves.. it eventually drops out on the needles overlook road... kind of a fun sand trail did it in 2wd...