PDA

View Full Version : Cycling Group

DaveInDenver
04-19-2009, 08:15 AM
There are a few cyclists in the club and talking to Gmann yesterday it occurred to me that maybe a few of them did not know about the Mud Pigs.

My friend Steve and I have this little cycling group on Yahoo. We have this informal racing team, Tami and The Mud Pigs, who do 24 hour races, endurance races, fun rides, etc. We have a calendar and a mailing list that attempts to organize group rides. If anyone wants to get on the mailing list, let me know or check out this post. Mainly it's a single email address to mail to if you want to ride with someone.

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showpost.php?p=88976&postcount=17

DaveInDenver
05-19-2010, 08:01 AM
Just wanted to bump this thread as a reminder that we have a standing Wed night ride usually from April to October. They are posted in our Mud Pigs Cycling Yahoo! group calendar. It's not an exclusive club and the rides are not full of much attitude. Often enough it's just my buddy Steve and me and so we'll just ride a patrol, which means lots of stopping.

leiniesred
05-19-2010, 08:38 AM
Well Shoot, that's Denver Cruiser's ride night all summer too, Dave!

I took my Cousin and Dad on slickrock trail last weekend. Good times!

Interested, but I'd never make the group rides; plus, you guys are crazy!

DaveInDenver
05-19-2010, 08:55 AM
Well, we don't go all that fast and drink beer in the parking lot after. So it's really a lot like their rides with less traffic and more dirt.

Bikeman
05-19-2010, 01:23 PM
I'd be interested, but with a demanding 4 y.o. and thursdays off, I ride whenever I have a free minute, which is usually to and from work, after work on Saturdays, and early am's.