PDA

View Full Version : Got power?

Uncle Ben
04-19-2009, 09:54 AM
Greeting my fellow RS groupies. Just curious if someone has a big enough generator that Robbie and Robin could borrow. They are still without power and Xcel told them it will be at least late on Monday till they do.

Romer
04-19-2009, 10:02 AM
I have a 4000 Watt generator they can borrow

treerootCO
04-19-2009, 10:55 PM
I have a 1Kva Onan propane/natural gas generator that needs a home. Took it out of the cabin the other day.

powderpig
04-20-2009, 05:48 AM
Well we got power last night around 6 pm(what they told us when we were able to call on the cell phone in boulder city).
Watched a movie with the kids and went to bed. Boy what a fun time we have had. Nice to teach the kids that the world is not just about phone, internet, TV and the other modern day stuff kids are attached to. Ty had non stop fun in the snow the the neighbor kids while they were trying to plow with a some what broken plow, I helped later to help keep the road open. The Lalley clan came up for the fun as well, brought food and drink. Had tons of fun in the snow. Lucky we had fire places in both the floors of the house. They keep up with the cold and keep us toasty.
The only negative was the loss of some food in the freezer(little fridge). Did not think to take the stuff out and put it out side until the weather got better. I had keep calling Xcel and they keep telling us up dates of several hours ahead. Next time I hope to be better prepared.
Total of snow here at our house, well over 3 ft, after it stopped snowing and it settled a bit, we had 2ft, 10" on the ground. This started out as rain on Friday and was a wet heavy snow that had most all of the neighbors walking up and down the road to CR83(1/2 to 2/3 mile). I did not have that much of a problem, but did have to pull winch cable once. When I started to slip side ways into one of the ditches.
Now we have a good bit of mosture in the hill for the spring to pop.
Hope all are well and the others in hills fared as well or better.
Robbie

Jacket
04-20-2009, 08:15 AM
Glad to see you back on the grid. Amazing what a few miles and a bit of elevation did with this storm. We barely got 3" of snow accumulation, but plenty of rain.

powderpig
04-20-2009, 10:14 AM
We are at 7200. Rollinsville is a bit higher and they got hammered with 54" of snow. May of been a bit lighter. I think I heard that we just about 3x the normal amount of percip for april.

Uncle Ben
04-20-2009, 10:28 AM
Glad to see you back on the grid. Amazing what a few miles and a bit of elevation did with this storm. We barely got 3" of snow accumulation, but plenty of rain.

Which is wild considering I only live maybe 3 miles from you and we had about 14"!

Rezarf
04-20-2009, 10:58 AM
Glad to hear you guys made the most of it Robbie! Yeah, Louisville and Boulder looked like two different storms passed through.

Drew

nuclearlemon
04-20-2009, 02:37 PM
i barely got enough to dust the cars. but rain galore. i had about 4-5" in one of my garbage cans.