PDA

View Full Version : Expensive day to own a cruiser

farnhamstj
04-21-2009, 06:05 PM
Went to Slee's today for a little work. Wheel bearing repack, front disk/pad install. Also needed a bushing for steering rack. Found out I need a new lower front ds ball joint, Have to get the whole A-arm. So I'll be back down the hill on thursday for more work. Got a new key with remote lock programed from Stevenson T, Yeah!!, Old one's been lost 2 years. The winshield guy is in the driveway as we speak installing new glass. It's gonna be like driving a new Cruiser.

I'm smiling. I'm not still in the garage with a mouth like a sailor. No bloody knuckles. I'm gonna be in bed by 10:30 tonight and I don't smell like 90wt.
I can honestly say I enjoy paying other people to work on my truck.:D

Watching Joe (Christo's tech) wrench is amazing. Dude has it going on:bowdown:

timmbuck2
04-21-2009, 06:15 PM
who did the windshield? been hesitant due to the horror stories I heard on MUD...

wesintl
04-21-2009, 06:33 PM
You forgot sore. I changed the springs on sunday. I feel like I went a couple rounds with chuck liddell.

The glass will be nice :D

Mendocino
04-21-2009, 06:35 PM
...I'm not still in the garage with a mouth like a sailor. No bloody knuckles. I'm gonna be in bed by 10:30 tonight and I don't smell like 90wt....

You say that like its a bad thing.:rolleyes:

farnhamstj
04-21-2009, 06:40 PM
I use Novus Auto glass. Two local guys. Chris and Steve. Steve did it a few years back. Had to come back and reglue a trim piece but a super nice guy. He drives a 40th with a supercharger. I used Safetylite last time and they SUCKED. It was only $230 but stress cracked within 2 months. I've been driving with it broken for 15 months. got my $230 worth but I wouldn't use them again.
FSM says to replace the side trim but at $200 per side, We'll be reusing the trim. Steve says he'll come back and reglue in new trim if I decide I'm unhappy with the results of reusing the parts. N/C As I said, good guy.

Uncle Ben
04-21-2009, 06:54 PM
You say that like its a bad thing.:rolleyes:

My thoughts exactly! :Princess:

farnhamstj
04-21-2009, 10:38 PM
My wife no like 90wt. It reminds me of bench pressing tranny-tcase into a 40.

Glass install was $375. Steve explained he brushed down some rust at the top of the winshield frame. Preped it with some acid something or other to stop the rust. Did 2 coats of primer and black gooed the glass into place. He spent 1.75 hours doing the job. Looks excellent. Don't know what more I could have asked for?

Gmann stoped by to give me a little HAM lesson from what he learned at the Ham and Eggs. Showed me how to program tone for the Vail repeater, Spoke with Gmann simplex.

Got to put my sliders back on, Get Slee to install lower ball joint, charge my camper battery, pack the cooler, and I think I'm ready to head to Moab. See you all tuesday if not before.