PDA

View Full Version : So is there a meeting on Wednesday?

nakman
05-04-2009, 11:19 AM
Or just the pre/post meetings? :beer::D:beer::D

60wag
05-04-2009, 12:20 PM
There is no meeting at Stevenson Toyota on Wednesday. Other than that, you can meet with whoever you want to.

jettaglxdriver
05-04-2009, 01:32 PM
When is the next meeting? I need to get to one since I am still new.

Air Randy
05-04-2009, 02:16 PM
Or just the pre/post meetings? :beer::D:beer::D

You just cant wait to tell everyone about my near crash on Wipeout Hill eh?

60wag
05-04-2009, 03:39 PM
The next regular meeting is June 3rd at Stevenson.

corsair23
05-04-2009, 11:23 PM
You just cant wait to tell everyone about my near crash on Wipeout Hill eh?

Maybe I should bring the video of it to the next meeting :D

Acutally it was WAY more of an :eek: moment!

Air Randy
05-05-2009, 09:18 AM
Maybe I should bring the video of it to the next meeting :D

Acutally it was WAY more of an :eek: moment!

No, it was more of a double :eek: moment, but since I walked away from it I can say it was sure fun and a definite adrenaline rush. I didn't know you got it on video. Is there any way for you to post up a link to it?

Red_Chili
05-05-2009, 09:24 AM
Dang it, my R&P travails caused me to miss it. I wanna see, I wanna see!!!

(especially since you walked away and had no pain)

nakman
05-05-2009, 10:01 AM
Well I can do OTB or Hops, but not until 8:00-8:30... once everyone's in bed. I vote for OTB personally, mainly because I like the chips over those fluffy things. But I can bring a laptop though, with card reader, and yeah Jeff I'd love to see that video!!

Anyone else for OTB on Wednesday night?

DaveInDenver
05-05-2009, 10:07 AM
Well I can do OTB or Hops, but not until 8:00-8:30... once everyone's in bed. I vote for OTB personally, mainly because I like the chips over those fluffy things. But I can bring a laptop though, with card reader, and yeah Jeff I'd love to see that video!!

Anyone else for OTB on Wednesday night?
Not that it's an option for watching videos, but we'll be drinking beer in the Mathews-Winter parking lot about then on Wed. We're riding Dakota Ridge after work and the Dakota Ridge - Morrison Slide loop usually takes us about 2 or so hours. That puts us back at the trucks about 7ish. I was planning on loading the fridge for post ride recovery since the weather is supposed to be nice.

nakman
05-05-2009, 10:26 AM
Actually that sounds a heck of a lot better than going to Hops... great idea! So ok, who's up for Mathews-Winters parking lot? BYO chips, etc. I seem to remember watching movies on a big screen last summer while camping.. ;)

DaveInDenver
05-05-2009, 10:38 AM
Actually that sounds a heck of a lot better than going to Hops... great idea! So ok, who's up for Mathews-Winters parking lot? BYO chips, etc. I seem to remember watching movies on a big screen last summer while camping.. ;)
FYI, Jeffco Open Space frowns upon being in the parks after dark. The park technically closes an hour (or is it 30 minutes, I forget) after sunset and so sometimes we get a friendly reminder from the local black-n-whites. Just so y'all know how the Rising Sun Early Spring Social might be affected.

corsair23
05-05-2009, 11:17 AM
As soon as I have Randy's "uh-oh" video available I'll post up a link :)

I'm old school though with my Sony Hi8 Camcorder using 8mm tapes so it takes me awhile to transfer it to the computer and edit it.

Air Randy
05-05-2009, 11:45 AM
The guy from BC in the FJC also got video of it, hopefully from a different angle than what you got so we have multiple views. I also heard the young guy shooting stills for Toyota Trails got some good shots.

I'm interested to see if my face really does look like :eek: in the photos!

Uncle Ben
05-05-2009, 12:51 PM

My head unit is chocking bad. :^( Otherwise it would be perfect to do the first RS drive-in movie as I have the FM modulator and everything needed. Hmmmm....bet I could just use the inverter and run a home DVD player and projector......

Red_Chili
05-05-2009, 01:00 PM
You guys are killin' me... it sounds like a hoot, and I will be in a horse piddle bed... waaaaaaaaaaahhh! :rant: :( :rolleyes:

Oh well, I will have a 'happy button'. :hill:

Uncle Ben
05-05-2009, 01:07 PM
You guys are killin' me... it sounds like a hoot, and I will be in a horse piddle bed... waaaaaaaaaaahhh! :rant: :( :rolleyes:

Oh well, I will have a 'happy button'. :hill:

It's about time you share with us stuck at home buddies what happened! :rant:

nakman
05-05-2009, 02:59 PM
FYI, Jeffco Open Space frowns upon being in the parks after dark. The park technically closes an hour (or is it 30 minutes, I forget) after sunset and so sometimes we get a friendly reminder from the local black-n-whites. Just so y'all know how the Rising Sun Early Spring Social might be affected.

Ok so do you have an alternate location in mind that would be better?

DaveInDenver
05-05-2009, 04:08 PM
Ok so do you have an alternate location in mind that would be better?
Actually, yes, just down the street. The lower parking lot for Heritage Square. This is also the trailhead for Apex. We will be riding Apex next Wed (5/13), though...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=39.716256,-105.208895&sll=39.716256,-105.208895&sspn=0.006173,0.010772&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=16&iwloc=A

Mendocino
05-05-2009, 08:43 PM
Tim,

You appear to be leading this; what are we doing? Can you post this in the staging area? I'm game.:)

nakman
05-05-2009, 09:51 PM
Is anyone else even interested?

Uncle Ben
05-05-2009, 11:55 PM

Not looking good for me....but I'm still going to try! :rolleyes:

corsair23
05-06-2009, 12:05 AM
Interested but can't make it Tim...I like the idea though :)

Maybe we need an annual movie night run :D

DaveInDenver
05-06-2009, 06:06 AM
Either way I /will/ be at Mathews-Winter at 5PM to ride and then back about 2 hours later to hoist a post ride brew. If you guys were gonna be there or some place else, I was going to stop by.

Uncle Ben
05-06-2009, 07:33 AM
Interested but can't make it Tim...I like the idea though :)

Maybe we need an annual movie night run :D

Nak and I worked on the concept and gathered stuff for this last year. Awesome idea and it will happen! Need to find a place that a 4x4 drive-in would be possible. Would need to be an open area. I have the screen, projector and FM modulator. My head unit is dying a slow death unfortunately but I will be replacing it soon! Be thinking of logistics and together we'll whip out another RS jem!

DaveInDenver
05-06-2009, 07:58 AM
Need to find a place that a 4x4 drive-in would be possible. Would need to be an open area.
Are you thinking day run or overnight? I can think of a couple of good places that would be awesome 4x4 drive-ins, but they might better if we camped.

Uncle Ben
05-06-2009, 09:39 AM
Are you thinking day run or overnight? I can think of a couple of good places that would be awesome 4x4 drive-ins, but they might better if we camped.

It would have to be evening as I don't think a projected image will be very visible during the day. :rolleyes: We could do an afternoon run followed by a dinner cookout which would give some time to get set up then a movie at lights out. The FM modulator broadcasts the audio via an FM signal to everyones radio. Pretty cool I'm thinking! ;)

DaveInDenver
05-06-2009, 09:52 AM
It would have to be evening as I don't think a projected image will be very visible during the day. :rolleyes:
I know that, duh. I mean do you intend to sleep in your truck or your house after the movie? A day run I guess means different things to different people. I don't take as much beer on a day run as I would if I was camping. Also sorta limits how far you can drive away from urban hell if you need to get back home before 3AM.

Uncle Ben
05-06-2009, 11:26 AM
I know that, duh. I mean do you intend to sleep in your truck or your house after the movie? A day run I guess means different things to different people. I don't take as much beer on a day run as I would if I was camping. Also sorta limits how far you can drive away from urban hell if you need to get back home before 3AM.

Gotcha! I can do either! If I could get away with it I wouldn't ever come back to urban hell....but thats not reality.... :(

Uncle Ben
05-06-2009, 10:49 PM
Sooooo.....did anyone meet up?

DaveInDenver
05-07-2009, 06:02 AM
No one was at either Mathews-Winters or Apex parking lots that I saw. We were at M-W until about 8 or so and I rolled by Apex at 8:15.

DaveInDenver
05-11-2009, 09:43 AM
FWIW, this week's weekly ride is Chimney Gulch and finish at Apex. Just saying, if you can tolerate stinky mountain bikers and wanted to hoist a beer or two. Look for my white pickup and if I'm not there it's because we're on the trail.

Lower Heritage Square parking lot.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=39.716256,-105.208895&sll=39.716256,-105.208895&sspn=0.006173,0.010772&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=16&iwloc=A