PDA

View Full Version : Taking the long way home

Rock Dog
05-04-2009, 04:11 PM
We had a GREAT DAY running the Markofsky "Sego Ghost town" run.

Bugged out at 5:20, and just beyond the Canyon outside of Grand Junction The Charging and Break Light came on:(.

After checking the connections decided to push to Rifle.. got on the phone and found the Checker in Glenwood Canyon had an alternator if i could make it in time...

I pushed it as hard as I could and got to the Checker in Glenwood Springs about 7:50 (Interstate batteries kick ass!), and bought a new one for a $100.00…

I then took an antifreeze bath (at least it was warm) removing the lower radiator hose needed to take out the out and put in the new one… I dropped my light, and ended up doing most of the install “in Brail” in the dark….

Got more antifreeze at 7-11, and was rolling again by 10:30...
Had to stop several times to keep from falling asleep.. got home at 3:20…… Still had a great time… and a great adventure overall :thumb: :thumb:

Neil.

RockRunner
05-04-2009, 04:17 PM
Glad to see you made it home OK. I had to take a nap too on top of Vail pass, better than running of the road.

Inukshuk
05-04-2009, 04:27 PM
:eek::eek::eek:

Thank you for coming on the Book Cliffs Ghost Town Sunday Sego Run. I'll do a trip report soon. Perry and I rolled into Denver around 2:00 AM. Sticking together and talking on the CB helped keep me more awake. OTOH, at normal speed I probably would have been home hours earlier :rolleyes:

rover67
05-04-2009, 08:16 PM
HA!! great pics!!

Had a great time on the Sego run, thanks Daniel and Perry!! We were tired too, and were only able to make it to frisco :0/

bh4rnnr
05-04-2009, 08:33 PM
We had a GREAT DAY running the Markofsky "Sego Ghost town" run.

Bugged out at 5:20, and just beyond the Canyon outside of Grand Junction The Charging and Break Light came on:(.

After checking the connections decided to push to Rifle.. got on the phone and found the Checker in Glenwood Canyon had an alternator if i could make it in time...

I pushed it as hard as I could and got to the Checker in Glenwood Springs about 7:50 (Interstate batteries kick ass!), and bought a new one for a $100.00…

I then took an antifreeze bath (at least it was warm) removing the lower radiator hose needed to take out the out and put in the new one… I dropped my light, and ended up doing most of the install “in Brail” in the dark….

Got more antifreeze at 7-11, and was rolling again by 10:30...
Had to stop several times to keep from falling asleep.. got home at 3:20…… Still had a great time… and a great adventure overall :thumb: :thumb:

Neil.

Neil,

sorry to here about the long night, and that we couldnt help you out, but glad you mad it home and had a good time.

That overlook we stopped at was sure a treat!!!!

:beer::beer:

Inukshuk
05-04-2009, 09:44 PM
Well, then next year I guess we'll all camp out Sunday night and leave early AM. 5-6AM is better than the crazy nights we all had!

I almost called a friend for his Frisco condo, but figured if I was that close....

Bedtime!

keppyrat
05-04-2009, 11:01 PM
trying to put up some pics