PDA

View Full Version : Polypropolene w/kitty hair?

The Czar and Roc Dog
05-06-2009, 09:24 AM
Guys maybe you can help a guy out here.
There was a classic Toyota pickup at CM and he had a storage box built out of light weight plastic reinforced with kitty hair. I want to do something similar .Searches have been fruitless. Anyone know the specific name of the product or better yet a link to a supplier.
Great time at CM09
Larry

Air Randy
05-06-2009, 09:37 AM
Crazy Larry, whassup dog? Did you guys make it home OK?

The guy who has the rig & toolbox you saw is Gary, he goes by Wagoneer5 on this site.

treerootCO
05-06-2009, 10:10 AM
Christo posted that the drawers were made by Adventure Trailers.
http://www.adventuretrailers.com/drawer.html

The Czar and Roc Dog
05-06-2009, 02:27 PM
Crazy Larry, whassup dog? Did you guys make it home OK?

The guy who has the rig & toolbox you saw is Gary, he goes by Wagoneer5 on this site.

Is that you Blue Mule???

Made it home after a 6 hour nap at a rest area outside Ontario.
Raining and 42 in PDX.

Need to build a lighter weight tool box when I removed my plywood box to clean the cruiser the back end came up 2".

Say hi to Dee.

501/2 weeks to go.

Larry

Air Randy
05-06-2009, 03:24 PM
Yes, it is the mule. We are good and made it home in one piece after our close call on Wipe Out Hill on Saturday.

I see you are firmly hooked already on Moab!

Not to rub it in or anything, but my daughter and son-in-law are going to go wheeling in Moab the end of this month for their anniversary so we'll probably go out too for a 3 day weekend.

Tell Tony i said Hi and :flipoff2:

He'll need to go to the MUD website and enter :flipoff2: to see what that means..............

farnhamstj
05-06-2009, 08:22 PM
I would guess they're refering to shredded fiberglass but I'm not certain.

waggoner5
05-07-2009, 08:59 AM
The drawers are made from Polyurethane foam with fiberglass strands. We call it kitty hair, but there are many names for it. Its a composite material that the marine industry uses for lightweight structures. We bought a similar product through a fiberglass distributor in Miami. They only sell in bulk though.
Adventure trailers CNC cuts this material, coats it with LineX and you have to screw it together. It is a very nice product although close to 1k for 2 drawers is a bit steep.

The Czar and Roc Dog
05-07-2009, 05:28 PM
Thanks guys
I located the product on the web. Now to find it in PDX.

http://www.yachtsupplydepot.com/painting-and-fiberglass-repair/thermo-lite-board/series-3000-thermo-lite-board-1/2-thickness/prod_867.html
A bit pricey I can see why the drawers are expensive.
Larry