PDA

View Full Version : CM planning article in new "members only" section on TLCA.org

Hulk
05-16-2009, 05:18 PM
Ken Romer wrote a good article about planning a TLCA event, specifically Cruise Moab. Since the recent page count reduction in Toyota Trails, TLCA is now publishing some of the articles online on TLCA.org. To read them, you must be a current member.

To login, you must know 2 things:

1. Your TLCA number

2. The email address that you used when you signed up for TLCA (and it must still be a valid address).

If you have those two items:

1. Go to tlca.org (http://www.tlca.org/) and click on "login."

2. Choose "forgot password."

3. Enter your TLCA number as your user name.

4. Enter your email address. If you don't know which one you used when you signed up, just guess. You can try with every e-mail address you have until you get it right.

5. Submit your information. You'll get a blank white screen, which makes you think it didn't work. It actually did work, so don't worry about it.

6. Check your inbox for an email from TLCA with your password.

7. Go back to TLCA.org. Login using your member number and password.

Then you can use this link (http://www.tlca.org/web/toyota-trails/mayjune-2009) to find the article. Scroll down to find the "web exclusive" article by Ken Romer.

------

The process of logging in the first time is confusing, and the instructions on TLCA.org are not very helpful. So I thought I would post this here, especially since Romer wrote a good article about our event! :thumb:

Jethro
05-17-2009, 07:50 PM
Confusing process but good instructions. And Ken put together a great article. And Holy Cow! There's a picture of my truck!:thumb:

Tch2fly
05-17-2009, 08:11 PM
I hope to read it at some point.

I tried to use the new section a day or two after it went online. I can't login and I have tried the method you described but haven't received the password. :confused:

I'm starting to understand why TCLA is losing members:rolleyes:

Rzeppa
05-17-2009, 08:40 PM
Thanks for the instructions Matt. I would also suggest emailing Gehn at webmaster@tlca.org if you have any issues. I had to email him direct to get hooked up. It's not nearly as obvious or easy as we would like right now, but we will make it so.

Thanks and happy cruisin'!