PDA

View Full Version : Coupon Box/Dotted line in Photoshop...

treerootCO
03-18-2006, 04:07 PM
Ok Kipper, Matt, and other graphic gurus out there. What is the easiest way in Photoshop to make the image I made below? This can't be the correct way because it is way too involved.

I defined two brushes, one a horizontal and the other a vertical. Then in the brushes menu, I changed the spacing to 425. Under shape dynamics I lowered the angle jitter to 0. From there I can use the horizontal brush to make the two horizontal lines, switch to the vertical, and make the two vertical lines.

There has to be a stupid easy way to do this. Enlighten me with the one button I couldn't find that does this in one step.

Hulk
03-21-2006, 05:26 PM
Mike, I've been offline for four days -- I now have a brand new hard drive in my laptop. Sorry for not responding sooner.

My quick answer is to do it in Illustrator and then import it as a path.

Another thought: do all the graphics work in photoshop, then add all the text in InDesign. You can create a dashed/dotted box in InDesign easily (I think so anyway -- I'm excellent in Quark, but still learning in InDesign).

Next time I'm in Photoshop fooling around, I'll see if there is another option. Which version of Photoshop are you using? I now have CS2, which is nice but it has slowed my computer down. :mad: