PDA

View Full Version : The World By Road

Jacket
05-20-2009, 12:09 PM
Anyone heard of this expedition before? The World By Road (http://www.theworldbyroad.com/)

They made the front page of the Monday Denver Post, and it turns out the two lead guys are both local Coloradoans. And they were sponsored by the good folks at Stevinson with two Toyota 4x4's that logged nearly 70000 miles of roads with 0 mechanical issues.

Cool story - I'm sorry I just found out about it near the end of their journey.

jacdaw
05-20-2009, 02:33 PM
Sounds like fun, especially with a sponsor on board. I'd prefer a bigger vehicle for those times when lodging isn't available. Sometimes pitching a tent just isn't enough -- like in lion country.:eek:

corsair23
05-20-2009, 03:51 PM
Very :cool:

LOTS of stuff there to see/watch...Like the 4-6 weeks that they spent in Buenos Aires trying to get their trucks out of customs :eek:

Oh, and Rezarf needs to watch the videos and look over the site so he can see what he should be doing with that new Sequoia he owns :thumb:

Jacket
12-17-2009, 05:52 PM
Looks like corporate Toyota picked up on their feat and is now pimpin' it. I just got this email in my inbox.

RockRunner
12-17-2009, 09:35 PM
Got the same email and just started cheking it out. Looks like a hell of an adventure.