PDA

View Full Version : mile high music fest - Who's going?

Beater
05-24-2009, 08:58 AM
ok - so most of you know my kid is affiliated with the rapids youth program, but low and behold, they picked me out of 12k at the game on saturday night for a trivia contest for tickets, and I WON!!!!

I'm pretty stoked! It was a good day, Cal's team smoked 'em in this weekends tournament, (playing the finals on monday-just awaiting their opponents to be named), he was a "ball-kid" for the match, and I was on the jumbotron!

Now, who else is going to the MHMF????

j

jettaglxdriver
05-24-2009, 09:13 AM
I want to go but the GF's schedule is always crazy and she likes to include her 3 boys in stuff like this which means 5 tickets that I am not willing to pay this much for. I'd love to see Tool play though.

DaveInDenver
05-24-2009, 10:00 AM
Will be there on Sunday, the night Buddy Guy is playing.

ElliottB
05-24-2009, 11:01 AM
I'm always out of the state for all of the cool stuff. You guys enjoy it for me.

nuclearlemon
05-24-2009, 11:38 AM
Will be there on Sunday, the night Buddy Guy is playing.

hhhmmmm...may have to check that out. he used to play at a bar around the corner from my apt when i was in illinois.

DaveInDenver
05-24-2009, 11:46 AM
hhhmmmm...may have to check that out. he used to play at a bar around the corner from my apt when i was in illinois.
Wow, that's awesome. What bar? I remember sitting next to Lester Butler at a bar on Beale one year, but nothing like Buddy Guy. I once heard somebody looked up Mckinley Morganfield in the Chicago phone book, gave him a call and got to have a conversation with him. That would have been pretty cool.

nuclearlemon
05-24-2009, 12:16 PM
don't remember the name of it at the time, it's changed names a bunch of times, but it was on the corner of 2nd ave and walnut street in st charles.

calphi27
05-24-2009, 12:49 PM
I went last year for free. It was decent, but I don't think it is worth what they are charging. Just saying.

DaveInDenver
05-24-2009, 03:11 PM
I went last year for free. It was decent, but I don't think it is worth what they are charging. Just saying.
What would it be worth? I suppose it would be cheaper to get torrented bootlegs rather than going in person to shows. But yeah, compared to Wakarusa or Bonnaroo, it did seem a little expensive (Wakarusa is something like $75 for the 3 days, not including the camping). But whatcha gonna do if you only have a day off and don't want to drive to Arkansas or Tennessee?

calphi27
05-24-2009, 04:43 PM
What would it be worth? I suppose it would be cheaper to get torrented bootlegs rather than going in person to shows. But yeah, compared to Wakarusa or Bonnaroo, it did seem a little expensive (Wakarusa is something like $75 for the 3 days, not including the camping). But whatcha gonna do if you only have a day off and don't want to drive to Arkansas or Tennessee?

touche'. didn't mean to be Buzz Killington

DaveInDenver
05-24-2009, 08:32 PM
Ha! No worries.