Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   4Wheeling and Event Staging Area (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Pearl Pass (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=21618)

rover67 08-12-2014 12:31 PM

bushducks shows pearl pass open as of 8/11

MTSN 08-12-2014 01:56 PM

I'm going to Crested Butte to go camping Friday morning, and Pearl was one of the trails we talked about running. I'll post up pictures and details if we end up doing it (though I may do it on the dirtbike).

Burt88 08-12-2014 05:39 PM

Will you still be in Crested Butte on Saturday for camping? I'll be headed there via Schofield Pass with Ace and and couple other people from Book Cliff Cruisers. They are heading back to GJ but I plan to camp and head back to Aspen over one of the passes on Sunday.

Fishy 08-12-2014 05:47 PM

Bring a megaphone...... Ace's hearing isn't what it used to be. I camped with him a bunch over the last few years, you really have to shout the punch lines of all your jokes.

Sounds like a good group coming together.

MTSN 08-12-2014 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burt88 (Post 254293)
Will you still be in Crested Butte on Saturday for camping? I'll be headed there via Schofield Pass with Ace and and couple other people from Book Cliff Cruisers. They are heading back to GJ but I plan to camp and head back to Aspen over one of the passes on Sunday.

Yep I'll be there Friday morning through Sunday. I'd be interested in heading back via a pass through Aspen on Sunday if you'd like to try to meet up!

Inukshuk 08-12-2014 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riderjgs (Post 254269)
I'd say Taylor on the reservoir side makes Schofield look like a walk on the beach, but then I don't think Schofield is as difficult as many say it is except for the off camber piece near the Punchbowl.

Whoa! I thought the trail surface of Schofield was easy, but there were plenty of big rocks that could give many drivers pause.

Now I need to drive Taylor!

baja1d 08-12-2014 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inukshuk (Post 254308)
Now I need to drive Taylor!


You'll only need to do it once. Picture Spring Creek's rock garden but much longer... Even in a brand new rented Rubicon

Bruiser 08-25-2014 10:19 PM

I am still heading out on Thursday morning and plan to head over Pearl by late morning if anyone wants to come. I will be headed back to Denver via Italian Creek if anyone is interested in that.

Justin

Old40Dog 08-26-2014 12:37 AM

Justin, Wish we could leave earlier on Thursday. We're heading for Ouray, but Pearl would be a fun route. We don't need to arrive until Saturday morning.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inukshuk (Post 254308)
Whoa! I thought the trail surface of Schofield was easy, but there were plenty of big rocks that could give many drivers pause.

Now I need to drive Taylor!

Its a fun trail Daniel, took the M-416 up Taylor behind the FJ80 in August 2012. Idelle did it in her un-lifted, open FJZ80 in 2011. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja1d (Post 254325)
You'll only need to do it once. Picture Spring Creek's rock garden but much longer... Even in a brand new rented Rubicon

I have to say I agree with Jeff, Charles drives a j**p. And yes, it's all relative, but Cruisers are the real deal. :cool:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.