Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   BHCC 2011 Planning (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Donations to the BHCC raffle (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=10246)

Hulk 06-24-2009 11:39 PM

Donations to the BHCC raffle

We swapped a certificate for a free registration to CM2010 with BHCC. Anything else we want to donate as a club? Ann Thorson told me that we could bring anything when I asked her if there was something they were hoping for.

Uncle Ben 06-25-2009 04:33 AM

How much did we budget for it? At Rubithon we donated 5 $100 dollar bills in individual envelopes and that was very well received.

Hulk 06-25-2009 09:09 AM

I don't know that it has been budgeted for at all.

Convert 06-25-2009 09:36 AM

Can't go wrong with cash $$$$$

corsair23 06-25-2009 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hulk (Post 110880)
I don't know that it has been budgeted for at all.

Matt is correct...I know it had been discussed a little but it has not been brought up nor voted on at a meeting and it is not in my 2009 budget numbers.

bigbluefj 06-25-2009 05:44 PM

Cash is great if you win it, which i need to do!!!

Romer 06-25-2009 08:54 PM

Jeff - How much can we fit into the budget? We can make a motion at the next meeting if we have some room.

corsair23 06-26-2009 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romer (Post 110976)
Jeff - How much can we fit into the budget? We can make a motion at the next meeting if we have some room.

Technically not much assuming we ran a "balanced" budget but what is the fun in that? :hill:

The reality is there was some $$ left over from last year and we've sold some merchandise this year so we should be able to swing an amount close to what was raffled off at the Rubithon if we wanted to go that high.

Depending on the decision, we may need to ask that people pay for the shirts up front to cover their purchase though instead of buying the shirts and collecting the money later. I try to maintain a certain "slush fund" for stuff like this (and calendar buying etc) and we may need to use that to cover the raffle $$ instead.

I'll make a point of looking at this closer between now and the meeting so I can give you more than a best guess answer :o

Uncle Ben 06-26-2009 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corsair23 (Post 111045)
Technically not much assuming we ran a "balanced" budget but what is the fun in that? :hill:

The reality is there was some $$ left over from last year and we've sold some merchandise this year so we should be able to swing an amount close to what was raffled off at the Rubithon if we wanted to go that high.

Depending on the decision, we may need to ask that people pay for the shirts up front to cover their purchase though instead of buying the shirts and collecting the money later. I try to maintain a certain "slush fund" for stuff like this (and calendar buying etc) and we may need to use that to cover the raffle $$ instead.

I'll make a point of looking at this closer between now and the meeting so I can give you more than a best guess answer :o

I think prebuying limited edition shirts is always a good plan!

Hulk 06-27-2009 01:37 PM

IMO, this is the kind of thing that we can use CM funds for.