Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   To Rapid City and Back in one day (New Toy) (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=1043)

Romer 03-24-2006 08:05 PM

To Rapid City and Back in one day (New Toy)

3 Attachment(s)
I left about 2AM for Rapid City. Got there about 8AM. Glad I had the GPS. There was so much fog, the maps were useless as I couldn't read any signs.

bh4rnnr 03-24-2006 08:06 PM

What, no pics :confused: :photo: . Glad it was you and not me :eek: . Sounds like a long drive........

Edite: Never mind gues i'm to fast for you :hill:

Romer 03-24-2006 08:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Since I had never been there and not sure I'll be back, I made a quick detour

Romer 03-24-2006 08:07 PM

:confused: Did you look?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bh4rnnr
What, no pics :confused: :photo: . Glad it was you and not me :eek: . Sounds like a long drive........

JadeRunner 03-24-2006 09:46 PM

So what did you pay, I imaging less than I just paid for the Starcraft (almost 9k after tax). And why did you decide on this one?

The front storage looks space is a nice bonus.

Romer 03-24-2006 09:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I paid $8300 out the door. I'll pay tax later, but I live in unicorporated Arapahoe County. No dealer prep or Doc fee like Kettleston was trying to stick me with.

I almost bought the 10RT. I liked the Baja better for several reasons. The way th bed and floor meet in a step instaed of a seam, The Baja has a couch and a Dinnette. Both turn into a bed and I can lay on either without my feet or head touching the ends. I was surprised. I liked the front storage deck. The 11RT's was too big and I also liked the tool Box. After Researching it, the Baja had better clearance. I also just liked the look of it better. You can load the frig with the top down too.

The 10RT is a nice unit, like I said, I almost bought one. Congrats on your purchase.

Romer 03-24-2006 10:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Shot of the front with the front deck and huge tool box

Shark Bait 03-25-2006 12:20 AM

Put some sliders on her and she'll be ready for Moab! :lmao:

JadeRunner 03-25-2006 09:41 PM

Interesting. I do like the inside step, couch, and fridge position. It doesn't look like it has more clearence. Isn't it longer with the storage area?

Are these available in Denver? Mine isn't really a done deal till I pick it up. I would like to check it out. I won't pick mine up for 2 weeks and didn't take any pictures.

Romer 03-25-2006 11:17 PM

There is a dealer in Longmont selling 06's for above $10K. I found this place in SD still selling the 05's. The 05 and 06 Baja's look identical, I don't know if there are any differences. Did you buy yours from Kettlestons?

It's a little longer with the storage. Front to back I think it's 16.6" for towing, plus the length of the spare.

These have two doors, the little half door thats for accessing when the top is down. When it s up, you hook the little half door open and then another full door with screen comes down and snaps in place.

You can come by and look at mine, I don't plan on putting it up for a couple of weeks so I can start getting it ready for Moab. You could at least check out the outside, open the half door and peer in.

I'll be finishing my gate tomorrow along with Max starting at 12:30 and should be working there at least till 3:30. Feel free to come by anytime then.