Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   General Tech Forum (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Cleaning of the AC Evaporator on an 80... (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=10668)

corsair23 08-22-2009 01:06 AM

Cleaning of the AC Evaporator on an 80...

Anyone done the AC Evaporator cleaning (link) with the Frigi-Clean stuff?

Neither the LX's or 80's AC system "stinks" other than that typical (as least I think it is typical) stink you sometimes get at startup...Figuring a good cleaning couldn't hurt but wondering if it is worth the $$

I haven't looked locally yet but you can buy it online here...Not cheap but not hugely expensive although they recommend you use two kits per cleaning :rolleyes: - $64 + shipping

I may go ahead and order some kits if I can't find the stuff locally...Anyone else interested? Would save you a little on shipping. Cost to ship 1 kit is $6.95...Cost to ship 4 or more kits is apparently only $9.95 (I even stuck 1000 in the qty field and it still showed $9.95 :))

RicardoJM 08-22-2009 07:34 AM

From time to time I get a real funky smell when starting up the AC in the LX470. I just read the thread in your post and am in for a kit. I'm not convinced it would really need two, after all the original poster was dealing with cigar smoke and that would not be my situation at all.

treerootCO 08-23-2009 07:28 AM

On my list of things to do. I was going to ask Jerry if he had the 18.00 Toyota version that goes in the drain hole.

Uncle Ben 08-23-2009 08:30 AM

Frigi-Clean works very well and is the product used by dealerships. Make sure to have a pan under the drain hose as the black nasty crud that will be running out will make a ugly spot on your cement floor!

nuclearlemon 08-23-2009 11:49 AM

we sell the bottles at work work, just not the hose pieces. i'll check prices tomorrow.

PabloCruise 08-23-2009 02:10 PM

I always try to turn off my A/C but leave fan running a few minutes before I turn off my vehicles. I think it prevents having lots of condensate in your ducts...

corsair23 08-23-2009 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PabloCruise (Post 116457)
I always try to turn off my A/C but leave fan running a few minutes before I turn off my vehicles. I think it prevents having lots of condensate in your ducts...

Ditto here, but the :Princess: not so much...

Did some scouting today and my local NAPA doesn't carry the Frigi-Clean, just the Frigi-Fresh. Checker doesn't have it either...The guy said BG products are a NAPA thing :confused:

corsair23 08-25-2009 04:35 PM

Ok, so it looks like just Ricardo is interested in 1 kit besides me?

I'm probably going to order these soon in hopes they arrive in time for the meeting but if it is just Ricardo and me then no worries since we live close enough...

nuclearlemon 08-25-2009 06:59 PM

crap, i forgot to check pricing. we carry both. i'll email myself right now to check tomorrow:banghead:

Shark Bait 08-25-2009 08:30 PM

Hmmmm. I'm in Houston, somewhat close to a distributor here. If I have time Thursday or Friday I might swing by. :rolleyes: