Rising Sun Member Forums

Rising Sun Member Forums (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/index.php)
-   Trip and Event Reports (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Chinaman Gulch FJ Cruiser Run (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=1100)

JadeRunner 04-02-2006 07:42 AM

Chinaman Gulch FJ Cruiser Run

Wow, what a great day. 38 rigs with two really cool FJ Cruisers tackling stuff only few stock rigs could handle. Even some veteran club members came out with some damage. The trail was demanding.

Stand by for story's, pictures and videos.

Shark Bait 04-02-2006 09:43 AM

Thank you, Scott, for leading the run! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I had a great time, it was good showing, sounds like Nathaniel & crew made it out and home, finally. :thumb: Can't wait to see everyone's :photo: .

Three Wheel Ben 04-02-2006 10:24 AM

Here is a link to some of the pics we took. (hope it works)

http://photoshow.comcast.net/b.ashcraft

ignore the corny music - apparantly this is free with comcast and figured it would be easier than uploading the photos.

Had a great time. Special thanks to Robbie and Dan for helping out with reseating the bead on my tire. Can't think of a better way to spend April fools day.

ben :D

PS little one took the l/c on the tree pic and it turned out very cool.

Kipper 04-02-2006 10:34 AM

That was a long, fun day. I'm looking forward to the full report from Daniel, Kevin, and everyone that stayed back to get his rig going again. I also didn't make it home with my camera, and I believe I left it on Daniel's tailgate. It's a Kodak, please let me know if anyone found it.

(`._.[xtr3m3]._.) 04-02-2006 11:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I had a great time. Good pics Ben. I thought I was driving the 40. :lmao:

Thanks for the trip guys.

nakman 04-02-2006 11:20 AM

Ben, great pics!! I especially like the one of the "human wall" forcing Kipper to take the harder line..

nuclearlemon 04-02-2006 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kipper
That was a long, fun day. I'm looking forward to the full report from Daniel, Kevin, and everyone that stayed back to get his rig going again. I also didn't make it home with my camera, and I believe I left it on Daniel's tailgate. It's a Kodak, please let me know if anyone found it.

yes, nathaniel's got it. he'll bring it to the meeting.

Groucho 04-02-2006 11:49 AM

Mad props!

Mad props go out to the folks who helped me get going again.

:bowdown: Chris H and his wife for running to Salida to get the axle, :bowdown: Jon (green machine) for the chimichangas and :beer: , :bowdown: Daniel Markofski (sp?) for helping keep us awake at 2 (or was it 3)am, :bowdown: Kipper for his 24mm socket, gear oil and outer axle seal, and especially :bowdown: :bowdown: Ige and :bowdown: :bowdown: Kevin for carting me and my parts and Kenosha up and back on the trail to all hours of the night while constantly keeping morale up, even when we thought it was hopeless.

Thank you guys very very much. I will post some pics of the axle torn apart in the dark with it snowing later. I gotta get back to bed.

P.S.--Kipper I have your camera. Will bring it to the meeting.

Inukshuk 04-02-2006 12:17 PM

All home safe!

4 Attachment(s)
I was home at 3:30 AM (but 4:30 after the time change). Up for 22 hours either way (OK I did catch some winks in teh back of the truck by the campfire). Great run and great handling of a major trail breakage. Sure exciting (but not fun) to see Ige fishtailing down HWY 285 at 2AM in the snow and ice (yes it snowed). But two shims from a Pringles can later the tie rod ends were tight enough to get home (somebody give her some 80 series tie rod ends!).

Jon and Kevin - hope you are home by now and that it wasn't too cold last night.

Seldom Seen 04-02-2006 12:22 PM

5 Attachment(s)
We had a totally Toyota day:thumb: Thanks to every one.:beer: